Hi, I'm Kevin Richardson. I'm the winner of Volkswagen's fun theory award. My idea was the speed camera lottery. Could we get people to obey the speed limit for fun?
嗨,我是 Kevin Richardson。我是福斯汽車趣味理論獎的得主。我的構想是樂透測速相機。我們是否能讓人們因為有趣而遵守速限?
I really believe that fun can change human behavior for the better, and I was really thrilled to see that my idea which started as a scribble submitted into this competition might even become reality.
我真的相信趣味可以改善人類行為,而我很興奮能看到自己一開始遞交到這比賽的粗略構想居然可能得以實現。
The speed camera lottery would do two things. One, it would photograph, uh, speeders and give them a citation, and that money goes in the pot. But if you're obeying the law, your picture will also get snapped, and you'll be entered into a lottery and win some of that money from those speeders.
樂透測速相機會做兩件事。第一,它會拍下超速駕駛並寄給他們一張傳票,然後那筆錢會挹注到賭注中。但若你有乖乖守法,你的相片也會被拍下,你將能參加抽獎並贏得一些超速駕駛繳交的錢。
Over a three-day period, 24,857 cars passed our speed camera.
這三天的期間內,有 24,857 輛汽車行經我們的測速相機。
I always drive legally, but I doubt I'll win.
我一直都很守法地開車,但我懷疑自己會贏。
This is a really positive thing, drive legally and earn money. Perfect!
這是個很正面的行動,守法開車然後賺錢。太棒了!
Average speed before experiment: 32 km/h
實驗前平均速率:時速 32 公里
Average speed during experiment: 25 km/h
實驗期間平均速率:時速 25 公里
That's a reduction in speed of 22 percent.
那就是速度下降了百分之二十二。
Fun can obviously change behavior for the better.
趣味很顯然能改善人的行為。
We call it the fun theory.
我們稱之為趣味理論。
- 「為了好玩」- For Fun
Could we get people to obey the speed limit for fun?
我們是否能讓人們因為有趣而遵守速限? - 「改善、轉好」- For The Better
I really believe that fun can change human behavior for the better...
我真的相信趣味可以改善人類行為...