I declare before you all that my whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service.
我在此向你們所有人宣誓,無論我的人生是長是短,我會將一生奉獻給整個國家。
Queen Elizabeth II was Britain's longest-serving monarch. For 70 years, she was a constant point in a changing world.
女王伊莉莎白二世是英國在位最久的君主。70 年以來,她一直是這個瞬息萬變世界的指標。
Elizabeth was crowned at Westminster Abbey, aged just 27. She was married to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, for 73 years.
伊莉莎白年僅 27 歲時就在西敏寺加冕登基。她與愛丁堡公爵菲利普親王結婚 73 年。
Outside the palace, a hundred thousand people surged forward in a solid mass. They wanted Elizabeth. They wanted Philip.
在皇宮外面,密密麻麻的十萬人群向前方湧去。他們想見伊莉莎白。他們想見菲利普。
The couple had four children...eight grandchildren...and 12 great-grandchildren. Her reign spanned 15 prime ministers...
這對夫妻擁有四個孩子...八個孫子...以及 12 個曾孫。她在位時間歷經 15 位首相...
Good evening, Your Majesty.
晚安,女王陛下。
I've just been talking to your Secretary of State for Health.
我才剛跟你的衛生部長談過。
...and 14 U.S. presidents.
...以及 14 位美國總統。
It's wonderful to see you. Thank you so much for having us.
很高興見到您。非常感謝您邀請我們。
That's one small step for man...
那是人類的一小步...
She witnessed enormous historical and social change. And she faced challenging moments.
她見證了巨大的歷史與社會變遷。而她也面臨過許多艱難的時刻。
What I say to you now, as your Queen and as a grandmother, I say from my heart. First, I want to pay tribute to Diana myself.
我現在是以女王以及一位祖母的身分向你們說話,這是我發自內心的話。首先,我想親自對黛安娜致哀。
She was the first British monarch even to visit the Republic of Ireland.
她是第一位造訪愛爾蘭的英國君主。
With the benefit of historical hindsight, we can all see things which we would wish had been done differently or not at all.
事後回顧歷史,會發現我們都希望可以用不同的方式處理事情,或事情根本無需發生。
Prince Philip died in April, 2021. The Queen reduced her duties...but joined in with celebrations for her Platinum Jubilee.
菲利普親王於 2021 年四月去世。女王減少了她的公務...但參與了她的白金禧慶祝活動。
HM Queen Elizabeth II, 1926-2022
女王伊莉莎白二世,1926—2022
- 「向某人致哀」- pay tribute to someone
First, I want to pay tribute to Diana myself.
首先,我想親自對黛安娜致哀。 - 「現在想想、事後回顧」- with the benefit of hindsight
With the benefit of historical hindsight, we can all see things which we would wish had been done differently or not at all.
事後回顧歷史,會發現我們都希望可以用不同的方式處理事情,或事情根本無需發生。