Pregnant
懷孕
What would you do...if I were...pregnant?
如果我...有了的話,你會怎麼做?
Wh...what do you mean "if"?
妳...妳說「如果」是什麼意思?
If I told you I was pregnant, what would you do?
如果我跟你說我懷孕了,你會怎麼做?
I would support whatever decision you made.
我會支持妳作的任何決定。
What if I wanted to keep it?
萬一我想要留著呢?
Well, I think that'd be, uh...I think that'd be the right choice—the only choice, really. You said you always wanted to have children, and I'd get that out of the way right now. You put your acting career on hold for two to five years, focusing strictly on being the best mother ever. I can only work so many hours, so if we can't make ends meet with the financial handcuffs that go along with having children, you can always go back to waitressing. You have such great people skills—I've always said that.
這個嘛,我認為那會是,呃...我認為那會是正確的決定--唯一的選擇,真的。妳說妳一直都想要有小孩,我會現在就先解決那件事。妳先把演藝事業緩個二到五年,全心專注在當一個史上最棒的媽媽。我的工作時數就那些,所以如果我們因為有小孩然後經濟過不去,妳永遠可以回去當服務生。妳對人最有一套了--我一直都那樣告訴妳。
Maybe we'd name the child Hope, which serves as a daily reminder to you, to never give up on your dream of becoming a movie star. You can always do it. And half a decade from now, in your 30s...your 30s, you're finally ready to pursue your passion. You're nowhere near as thin and attractive as all the younger actresses, but that's okay, because you, you're going out for the important roles—principal, flight attendant, judge. You'd make an excellent judge. I could see you now in House of Cards maybe. Well, that probably won't be on the air by then, but something will. World needs plenty of judges.
或許我們會將孩子命名為「希望」,當作妳每天的提醒,提醒妳永遠不要放棄妳的電影明星夢。妳永遠都能完成夢想。而從現在起五年後,在妳三十幾歲時...妳三十幾歲時喔,妳總算準備好追尋妳的熱情了。妳遠遠不及年輕女演員那般纖細又有吸引力,不過沒關係,因為妳,妳要爭取的是重要的角色--校長、空服員、法官。妳會是個棒極了的法官。我現在就可以看到妳搞不好會出現在《紙牌屋》裡。嗯,或許到那時候就停播了,不過會有其它部。這世界需要很多法官。
I'm not pregnant!
我沒懷孕!
That was just a silly little hypothetical?
那只是個愚蠢的假設問題?
Yeah! Yeah.
對!沒錯。
Well, you know...we could always make it a reality.
這個嘛,妳知道的...我們永遠可以讓那成真呦。
No, I don't...I don't feel well.
不,我不...我不太舒服。
No? Poor... I hope it's not morning sickness. Should I start painting the bedroom? Blue maybe?
不要?可憐的... 我希望這不是晨吐。我要不要開始油漆房間啦?塗藍色好不好?
- 「先將某事完成」- Get Something Out Of The Way
You said you always wanted to have children, and I'd get that out of the way right now.
妳說妳一直都想要有小孩,我會現在就先解決那件事。 - 「暫時擱置某事」- Put Something On Hold
You put your acting career on hold for two to five years, focusing strictly on being the best mother ever.
妳先把演藝事業緩個二到五年,全心專注在當一個史上最棒的媽媽。 - 「使收支平衡」- Make Ends Meet
...so if we can't make ends meet with the financial handcuffs that go along with having children, you can always go back to waitressing.
...所以如果我們因為有小孩然後經濟過不去,妳永遠可以回去當服務生。 - 「播出」- On The Air
Well, that probably won't be on the air by then, but something will.
嗯,或許到那時候就停播了,不過會有其它部。 - 「到那時」- By Then
Well, that probably won't be on the air by then, but something will.
嗯,或許到那時候就停播了,不過會有其它部。 - 「很多、大量的」- Plenty Of
World needs plenty of judges.
這世界需要很多法官。