Hope
希望
It's quiet tonight.
今晚好冷清。
I know. It's a bit of a worry. Ceilia said tonight was our last hope. If we don't get any customers, we might have to close.
我知道。有點讓人擔心。Ceilia 說今晚是我們最後的希望。如果沒來任何客人,我們可能就得收了。
Well, don't get your hopes up. This place has been on its knees ever since it opened. We've all had a laugh, but I need to get a job at a proper restaurant, where the customers are queuing up to eat my food.
嗯,別抱太大的期望。這地方打從開業來就已經慘兮兮了。我們都有過好時光,不過我需要在一間真正的餐廳裡找到工作,一間客人會排隊來吃我的食物的餐廳。
Don't pin your hopes on it. It was your cooking that scared the customers away anyway. Hang on! Did I just hear somebody come in?
別把希望寄託在那上面。而且就是你的廚藝把客人嚇跑的。等等!我是不是聽到有人進來?
I'll go and check.
我去看看。
To be honest, I might be able to take you with me to my new job, but Peter—not a chance.
說實在的,我可能可以帶妳一起去我的新職位,不過 Peter--門都沒有。
I can only live in hope.
我只能抱持希望了。
Yes! We've got two customers! And they want a cheese and tomato pizza. Can we do pizzas?
好耶!我們有兩位客人!他們想要起司番茄披薩。我們能做披薩嗎?
Can we do pizzas?! Not a hope in hell! Do I look like a chef who cooks pizzas?
我們能做披薩嗎?!想都別想!我看起來像做披薩的廚師嗎?
Oh, come on, Gordon! We're pinning our hopes on keeping these customers. You do know how to cook a pizza, don't you?
噢,拜託,Gordon!我們的希望就在留住這些客人了。你真的會做披薩,對吧?
Yes... Well, it—it's just a little bit beneath me, but I suppose I can give it a go.
會... 這個嘛,這--這對我來說有點大材小用了,但我想我可以試一下。
Good! I'll tell Ceilia the good news.
太好了!我去跟 Ceilia 說這個好消息。
Peter! Here's 10 pounds—run to the supermarket and buy some frozen pizzas. But shh, it's our little secret.
Peter!這裡有十鎊--去超市買一些冷凍披薩。不過,噓,這是我們的小祕密。
Okay.
沒問題。
Ten minutes later...
十分鐘後...
Mmm...something smells good. Great news about getting all the customers in—even though they only like pizza. It seems like there's a glimmer of hope for the business! It's looking good! Maybe pizzas are our future!
嗯...有東西聞起來很香喔。招到客人進來真是好消息--雖然他們只喜歡披薩。我們的生意似乎有一絲希望!看起來很棒!搞不好披薩就是我們的未來了!
Yes. They're not bad for frozen pizzas, are they?
對啊。就冷凍披薩來看,它們還不賴,對吧?
Frozen? Oh...you've dashed my hopes. This is the last straw! I'm going to have to find a real chef, and not one that is as arrogant as you!
冷凍?喔...你毀了我的希望。這是壓垮駱駝的最後一根稻草!我必須找一個真正的廚師,不是一個和你一樣自大的!
But what am I gonna do? I can't just get a new job like that.
但我要怎麼辦?我不能就那樣去找新工作啊。
Hmm...well, there might be no hope for you, but...I think I might have the perfect answer.
嗯...這個嘛,你可能沒救了,不過...我想我或許有最好的答案。
How's your new job, Gordon? Can I borrow your hat? Thank you.
你的新工作怎樣啊,Gordon?我可以跟你借你的帽子嗎?謝啦。
- 「抱持希望」- Get One's Hope Up
Well, don't get your hopes up.
嗯,別抱太大的期望。 - 「陷入困境、瀕臨失敗」- On One's Knees
This place has been on its knees ever since it opened.
這地方打從開業來就已經慘兮兮了。 - 「排隊等候」- Queue Up
We've all had a laugh, but I need to get a job at a proper restaurant, where the customers are queuing up to eat my food.
我們都有過好時光,不過我需要在一間真正的餐廳裡找到工作,一間客人會排隊來吃我的食物的餐廳。 - 「把希望寄託在...上」- Pin One's Hopes On
Don't pin your hopes on it.
別把希望寄託在那上面。 - 「等一下」- Hang On
Hang on! Did I just hear somebody come in?
等等!我是不是聽到有人進來? - 「嘗試、試做」- Give Something A Go
Well, it—it's just a little bit beneath me, but I suppose I can give it a go.
這個嘛,這--這對我來說有點大材小用了,但我想我可以試一下。 - 「最後一根稻草、使人最終崩潰的一擊」- The Last Straw
This is the last straw!
這是壓垮駱駝的最後一根稻草!