So we need to talk about the restaurant. As you know, business isn't great. So I'm looking for some good ideas to make us more efficient and help us save money. Please have a think and let me know!
我們需要談談關於餐廳的事。如你們所知,生意不好。所以我在找一些好點子來讓我們更有效率,以及幫助我們省錢。請想一想然後告訴我!
Oh! It's obvious. Peter, we'll have to let you go. Mary, you can serve the food and wash up afterwards.
喔!不用想。Peter,我們必須讓你捲鋪蓋走人。Mary,妳可以上菜,之後再洗碗。
Hold on, Gordon. That's not fair. Peter's a hardworking waiter. Besides, I've got too much to do here. No, we need to think out of the box, so to speak.
等一下,Gordon。那樣不公平。Peter 是個勤快的服務生。而且,我這有太多事要做了。不,我們需要跳脫框架思考,可以這麼說。
Yes, good idea, Mary. Sorry, what box?
沒錯,好主意,Mary。不好意思,什麼框框?
It means we need to think a bit differently—not just assume we need to cut people's jobs.
意思是我們需要換個方式思考--而不是只認為我們要裁員。
Come on then, clever clogs. What are we gonna do? Get cheaper ingredients? Turn the gas down a bit?
好啊,聰明鬼。我們該做什麼?買比較便宜的原料?把瓦斯關小一點?
I know! We can stop putting salt and pepper on the table. Nobody uses it, anyway.
我知道了!我們可以停止在桌上供應鹽跟胡椒。反正根本沒人在用。
What a brainwave! We'll save millions! You idiot!
多聰明的點子啊!我們會省超多!你真是白癡!
Oh, I know! We could buy organic ingredients and charge a bit extra for them. Plus, we could offer a set menu to attract new customers. And, hopefully, they will tell their friends about how great it is here.
喔,我知道了!我們可以買有機原料然後多收一點錢。另外,我們可以提供套餐吸引新的顧客。然後,但願他們會告訴他們的朋友這裡有多好。
Yes, it's the best idea since sliced bread.
沒錯,自從切片麵包後這是最棒的點子了。
Is it? Sliced bread's the only thing we'll be serving with that ridiculous idea. Mary, you're too clever by half. Organic food? Honestly! It's so "last year."
是嗎?切片麵包根本跟這個點子一樣荒謬。Mary,你聰明過頭了。有機食品?說真的!也太「去年」了。
Have you got any better suggestions, Gordon?
那你有什麼更好的建議嗎,Gordon?
Ceilia! Mary's come up with a great idea.
Ceilia!Mary 想到一個好點子。
Right.
好。
Organic set menu...and...
有機套餐...還有...
Right, we offer a set menu to attract new customers, serving organic food that we charge a bit extra for.
對,我們提供套餐吸引新的消費者,供應可以多收一點錢的有機食品。
That's a great idea, Mary! I knew you were a smart cookie when I employed you.
那主意太棒了,Mary!我僱用你的時候就知道你是個聰明的人兒。
But...I'm gonna have to change suppliers and come up with new stuff for the set menu. How is that a clever idea?
但...我就必須要換供應商然後還要為了套餐想出新的東西。那怎麼會是聰明的點子?
Well, extra customers means extra money. And that means an extra bonus for us all at the end of the year!
這個嘛,額外的客人就代表額外的錢。而那就代表年終時我們都會有額外的紅利!
Oh, well, yes. Yeah, I have to...organic food—that is a very clever idea of mine. I'll just go and make some phone calls, shall I?
喔,嗯,好吧。對,我要...有機食品--那真是我超聰明的點子。我要去打電話了,可以嗎?
- 「談論」- Talk About
So we need to talk about the restaurant.
我們需要談談關於餐廳的事。 - 「尋找」- Look For
So I'm looking for some good ideas to make us more efficient and help us save money.
所以我在找一些好點子來讓我們更有效率,以及幫助我們省錢。 - 「等一下」- Hold On
Hold on, Gordon. That's not fair.
等一下,Gordon。那樣不公平。 - 「跳脫框架思考」- Think Out Of The Box
No, we need to think out of the box, so to speak.
不,我們需要跳脫框架思考,可以這麼說。 - 「可以說、可謂」- So To Speak
No, we need to think out of the box, so to speak.
不,我們需要跳脫框架思考,可以這麼說。 - 「自以為聰明的人」- Clever Clogs
Come on then, clever clogs.
好啊,聰明鬼。 - 「聰明過頭」- Be Too Clever By Half
Mary, you're too clever by half.
Mary,你聰明過頭了。 - 「想出、提出」- Come Up With
Ceilia! Mary's come up with a great idea.
Ceilia!Mary 想到一個好點子。 - 「聰明的人」- A Smart Cookie
I knew you were a smart cookie when I employed you.
我僱用你的時候就知道你是個聰明的人兒。