American Kids Try Chinese Food
美國小孩試吃中式料理
Promise no peeking, and I'll let you know when to open your eyes.
保證不能偷看喔,我會讓你知道什麼時候要張開眼睛。
Okay.
好。
Dim Sum: Char Siu Bao and Shumai
廣式點心:叉燒包和燒賣
No peeking. All right, open your eyes.
不准偷看。好,眼睛打開。
Yeah, all I see is a basket and chopsticks.
嗯,我就只有看到一個籃子和筷子。
You know what they call that?
你知道他們叫那什麼嗎?
Uh, wonton.
呃,餛飩。
Dim sum.
廣式點心。
Oh.
喔。
Do you know what this is called? What's it called, then?
你知道這叫什麼嗎?那它叫什麼?
You almost got it.
你差點就夾起來了。
Okay, my sister does this way. She does that.
好,我姐姐會這樣做。她都那樣。
Have you ever had dim sum?
你吃過廣式點心嗎?
Well, yeah!
嗯,當然啊!
What do you mean "well, yeah"?
你說「嗯,當然啊」是什麼意思?
Because I eat them all the time in China. Right, Mommy?
因為我在中國的時候都在吃廣式點心啊。對吧,媽咪?
Have you been to China?
你去過中國嗎?
Oh! What should I do with him? Should we put him...should we put him in the make-him-smart jail? Well, of course we do. Especially if you talk Chinese.
噢!我該拿他怎麼辦?我們要把他關進...我們要把他關進變聰明監獄嗎?嗯,我們當然去過。特別是如果你說中文的話。
Who talks Chinese?
誰會說中文?
He does know.
他明明就知道。
Oh, it has chocolate in it. What is that? No, what is that? Is that meat? Yeah, it's meat.
噢,裡面有巧克力耶。那是什麼?不是吧,那是什麼?是肉嗎?對,是肉。
Hold on, hold on, hold on.
等等、等等、等等。
Why don't you split it in half? Break it apart in half.
你幹嘛不把它弄成一半?把它剝成一半。
Some kind of poo?
這是什麼便便嗎?
What do you think of people who can't use chopsticks?
你對不會用筷子的人有什麼感想?
I feel bad for them, but I hope one day they learn. If they ask me to teach...I'm out.
我替他們感到難過,但我希望他們有一天能學會。如果他們叫我教...我才不要。
Lunch: Zongzi and Jellyfish Salad
午餐:粽子和涼拌海蜇皮
Now, can we look?
我們現在可以看了嗎?
Yeah.
可以。
Ooh.
哇。
This looks bad.
這看起來不太妙。
I'm eating paper now?
我現在連紙都要吃了?
Hey, Mom, remember this? Yeah. Yeah! Yeah, yeah.
嘿,媽媽,記得這個嗎?耶。好耶!耶耶。
Oh, it's rice. Oh, it's meat. Oh, ha ha.
噢,是飯。喔,是肉。喔,呵呵。
You said bamboo, right?
你剛說竹子,對吧?
Bamboo leaves. You don't eat that. It's just wrapped in...
竹葉。你不用吃那個。它只是包在...
Is there a panda here?
這裡是有貓熊嗎?
Is there a what?
有什麼?
Panda?
貓熊?
No.
沒有。
Get a panda.
叫貓熊來。
Give me my dum—you ate my dumpling? You ate it? I can't stand him. This guy. I can't stand him.
給我我的粽--你把我的粽子吃掉了?你吃掉了?我受不了他。這傢伙。我真受不了他。
That's jellyfish.
那是水母。
Want to have a bite?
想吃一口嗎?
Wait, is it seriously jellyfish?
等等,這真的是水母嗎?
No.
不是。
Oh. It's a vegetable, isn't it?
喔。這是蔬菜,對吧?
Nope. The whole thing. Okay, I lied to you. It is jellyfish. Jellyfish salad. Your favorite.
不是。整個吃下去。好啦,我騙你的。這是水母。涼拌海蜇皮。你的最愛。
Enough of these lies.
說謊說夠囉。
Jellyfish does not even have hearts or brains. That's what makes them crazy. And how can they even move without brains?
水母連心臟和大腦都沒有。那就是牠們肖肖的原因。而且牠們連腦都沒有是怎麼動啊?
This is lotus leaf wrap—don't you like it? Grandma always makes it.
這是粽子--你不是很喜歡吃嗎?外婆老是做的。
No, thank you.
不要,謝謝。
It's sweet. Take a bite.
甜甜的。你咬一口。
No!
不要!
Take a bite. It's very good.
你咬一口。很好吃的。
I said I don't want any. I don't want any. I said I don't want any. So you stop!
不要。我說了我不想要。我說了我不想要。妳不可以!
I'll get you a toy if you take a bite.
媽媽給你買玩具,如果你咬一口。
You owe me one.
妳欠我一個玩具。
That thing is alive. The jellyfish. The jellyfish.
那東西是活的。水母。水母。
Dinner: Peking Duck and Barbecue Pork
晚餐:北京烤鴨和叉燒
Now?
現在嗎?
Open your eyes.
張開眼睛。
What is that?
那是什麼?
I am so happy.
我還真開心。
It looks like a twisted arm. A twisted baby's arm.
這看起來像扭曲的手臂。一隻扭曲的嬰兒手臂。
Oh, no.
喔不。
Well, it looks like...duck head. Duck head.
嗯,這看起來像...鴨頭。鴨頭。
Aah! You have scarred me for life.
啊!你讓我一輩子都有創傷了啦。
Why?
為什麼?
I opened my eyes, and I see a dead duck staring right at me.
我一張開眼睛就看到一隻死鴨子瞪著我。
That's a duck head. Can you see it?
那是鴨頭。有看到嗎?
You guys tricked me on this one.
你們這一招真的整到我了。
Everybody look alive! We have duck heads here. Anybody want to eat a duck head, shark, anything? Oh my gosh...gross.
大家快喔!我們這裡有鴨頭呦。有人想吃鴨頭、鯊魚還是什麼的嗎?天啊...好噁。
I can't believe this is a duck head.
我不敢相信這是顆鴨頭。
Murderer. I hated the duck head.
殺人兇手。我討厭那顆鴨頭。
Why?
為什麼?
Its head is cut off.
牠的頭被砍掉了耶。