I wake up at 5:30, get a shower, do my morning routine, go around 7:30 to come to work. I am so excited to go to work, so I do a dance-off in the parking lot. It's a dance of magic. We serve breakfast, lunch, and hugs.The hugs are the best parts.
我在5:30起床、洗個澡、做我早上的例行公事、在大約7:30出去工作。我很興奮要去上班,所以我在停車場尬一下舞。那是魔法之舞。我們供應早餐、午餐、還有擁抱。擁抱是最棒的部份。
I am Tim Harris, and this is my place. Oh, yeah!
我是Tim Harris,這是我的地盤。喔耶!
Hey, guys. Welcome to our place. How you doing?
嗨,各位。歡迎到我的餐廳。你好嗎?
I'm good! How are you?
我很好!你好嗎?
Those are the best part, buddy. I love you.
那些是最棒的部分,小兄弟。我愛你。
Have you been here before?
你光顧過這裡嗎?
No, I've never been here before.
沒有,我以前從沒來過這。
Well, I'm Tim. I'm the owner.
嗯,我是Tim。我是店長。
Tim's Place is the special place to be at, because it's run and operated by me.
Tim's Place是個可以待著的特別地方,因為它是由我經營管理的。
Hey, you guys are doing a great job back here. I love you, guys. You guys are the best cooks ever.
嘿,你們在後面這裡做得很好。我愛你們,各位。你們大家是有史來最棒的廚子。
Since I was a kid, I wanted to own a restaurant and asked my dad to help me out. I'm very glad I did.
從我還是個小孩,我就想要擁有一間餐廳,並請我父親來幫我。我很高興我做到了。
Thank you, dad. I love you so much.
謝謝你,老爸。我好愛你。
I love you too, buddy. I'm very proud of you.
我也愛你,兒子。我非常以你為傲。
When he was about 14 years old, he told us that someday he was going to own a restaurant. After we all gulped and gasped, we began to take him seriously, and the result is history in the making.
當他大概十四歲的時候,他告訴我們有一天他要擁有一間餐廳。在我們全都倒吸一大口氣後,我們開始認真地看待他,那成果正在寫下歷史。
They support me so I can live up my dreams.
他們支持我,所以我可以實現我的夢想。
I'm amazingly proud of my brother—just what he's accomplished in his lifetime. I mean, people can only dream, you know?
我很驚奇地以我弟弟為傲--關於就是他人生中所完成的事。我是說,人們只會作夢,你知道嗎?
I love you all.
我愛你們大家。
I love you too, honey.
我也愛你,親愛的。
As far as we know, we have not yet found another person with Down syndrome in this country that owns their own restaurant. We hope that other people will, though.
就我們目前所知,我們還沒有在這國家找到另一個有唐氏症的人擁有自己的餐廳。我們還是希望其他人以後也能做到。
My favorite part of all is the people coming through that front door.
全部之中我最喜歡的部分是人們從那扇前門進來。
How are you doing today?
你今天過得如何?
Good! How are you?
很好!你好嗎?
Sometimes, customers get sad. I give them a hug and then they feel a lot better.
有時候,客人會難過。我給他們一個擁抱,然後他們感覺好多了。
Thank you, Tim.
謝謝你,Tim。
The hugs are way more important than the food. The food is food, though.
擁抱遠比食物更重要。食物就只是食物。
How about a double hug?
來個雙人抱抱如何?
Yeah, double hug.
耶,雙人抱抱。
I love you, guys.
我愛你們,各位。
I am a lean mean hugging machine. Oh, yeah!
我是個隨時都準備好的抱抱機器。喔耶!
So let me get this straight. Tim, you're a restaurant steward, and a Special Olympics athlete, and you won a gold medal.
所以讓我把這給弄清楚。Tim,你是個餐廳服務生,還是名特殊奧運選手,然後你贏過金牌。
I won more medals than Michael Phelps.
我贏過比菲爾普斯還多的獎牌。
Oh, yeah! Oh, yeah! Oh, yeah!
喔耶!喔耶!喔耶!
I did not let my disability crush the dreams. With people who have disabilities, they can do anything they set their minds to. They're special. We are a gift to the world.
我不讓我的殘缺壓垮夢想。那些有殘疾的人,他們可以做任何他們下定決心的事。他們很特別。我們對世界來說是一份禮物。
- 「正在寫下的歷史、進行中的重要事件」- History In The Making
After we all gulped and gasped, we began to take him seriously, and the result is history in the making.
在我們全都倒吸一大口氣後,我們開始認真地看待他,那成果正在寫下歷史。 - 「準備好接受(挑戰)的」- Lean And Mean
I am a lean mean hugging machine.
我是個隨時都準備好的抱抱機器。