I...
我...
Um...
呃...
You just went right for it, you know. Bam! The first question's about this.
這麼直接,你知道。碰!第一個問題就問這個。
Should Women Pay for the First Date?
第一次約會,女生應該付錢嗎?
First date, who pays? The guy pays, obviously.
第一次約會,誰付錢?男人啊,很顯然。
The guy pays.
男人付。
I always pay.
我都會付。
The guy always pays. Unless—I'd say the only exception is that if...but otherwise, the guy pays.
男人永遠付帳。除非--我會說唯一的例外是如果...不然的話,男人付。
Why?
為什麼?
I don't know. I don't—I actually don't have a good reason for that.
我不知道。我不--我其實沒一個好理由解釋為什麼。
I wanna say it's instinct, but that makes no f**king sense.
我想說這是直覺,不過那根本天殺地說不通。
That's just the way I was raised.
那就只是我被帶大的方式。
It's been ingrained in us that we're supposed to be the provider.
我們應該當供應者的觀念已經根深蒂固。
Culture, movies, music, media...
文化、電影、音樂、媒體...
I mean, keep in mind, those traditional roles were kind of implanted and set, like, in the '40s and '50s.
我的意思是,記著,那些傳統的角色有點算在 40 和 50 年代就被灌輸和訂定了。
Would You Let a Woman Pay for You on a First Date?
你會讓女人在第一次約會時替你付錢嗎?
Would I ever let a woman pay for a first date?
我會不會讓女人付第一次約會的錢?
If she...
如果她...
...absolutely insisted, like she held a gun to my head.
...非常堅持的話,像是她拿一把槍抵住我的頭。
I would feel uncomfortable.
我會覺得不自在。
Not so much uncomfortable, but it would be kind of like, Come on, man, what're you doing? Like, be a man; pay the bill, you know.
不太算不自在,而是會有點像,拜託老兄,你在幹嘛啊?像是,當個男子漢;去買單,你知道。
What Do Women Think?
女生怎麼想?
If I go out to dinner with someone, I expect to pay for what I'm going to eat.
如果我和某人出去吃晚餐,我會指望自己付自己吃的東西。
I think it should always be down the middle.
我覺得應該永遠要平分。
I don't mind paying.
我不介意付錢。
Like, to me, it really doesn't matter at all.
像是,對我來說,這真的一點都不重要。
I think if I did offer to pay for the entire bill, the date would feel emasculated. He shouldn't, but I understand that I can't discredit all of how society makes a man feel.
我覺得如果我真的表示要付所有錢,約會對象會感到失去男子氣概。他不該那樣覺得,但我了解我不能推翻所有這社會使男人產生的感覺。
So...?
所以...?
I sort of like the rule that whoever asked the person out, like, if you're the person that suggested the date, you should pay.
我有點比較喜歡誰邀人出去誰就付錢的那種規則,像是,如果你是提議約會的那個人,你就該付錢。
At the very least, split the bill.
最起碼,平分帳單。
Splitting a meal—totally fine!
共享食物--完全沒問題!
I think it gets romantic later when you're in a relationship, where, like, you don't even talk about it, and someone will be like, "I got this one," and you'll be like, "I got the next one," because you just know that you're in it to win it, and, like, you'll pay each other back later...sexually.
我認為這後來在戀愛時會變得浪漫,戀愛中,像是,你根本不會討論誰付錢,而某人會說:「這頓我付」,然後妳會說:「下一餐換我」,因為妳就是知道要得到好處就得先付出,就像,你們之後會回報彼此...用那檔事。
Who Do You Think Should Pay on a First Date?
你覺得第一次約會應該誰付錢呢?
Fifty years from now, that will be a thing where, like, on a first date, you won't know if the man or woman is supposed to pay, you know? I hope that happens.
五十年後,那會是件,像是,第一次約會時,你不會知道是男人還是女人必須要付錢,你知道?我希望那會發生。