Father.
父親。
Um... Bad farts.
嗯... 屁很臭。
We asked men aged 5 to 50 to do word association on camera. These are their responses to the word "father."
我們請五到五十歲間的男性在鏡頭前做詞語聯想。這些是他們對「父親」這詞的反應。
I like him. Love?
我喜歡他。愛?
Kind.
人很好。
He's awesome.
他很棒。
Patient. Because he's always trying to put in the time to help me on the stuff that I need to do.
有耐心。因為他總是試著花時間幫忙我做我該做的事。
Caring.
有愛心。
Kind. They are willing to do a lot of things for their children.
親切和藹。他們願意為孩子做許多事。
Nice.
人很好。
Funny.
很有趣。
Cool.
很酷。
Caring.
有愛心。
Sincere. Uh...I feel like he's usually honest about, and open to, everything.
真誠。呃... 我覺得他通常好像對一切都很坦率、很敞開心胸。
Protector.
保護者。
Neat.
超酷。
He's strict but caring, and he's funny.
他很嚴格但又很有愛心,而且他很有趣。
Strong.
強壯。
Loving. You can always ask him for help. He's there to support you whenever you need it.
充滿愛。你總是可以向他求助。無論你何時需要,他都在你身邊支持你。
Trusted. He...has always been there for me no matter what's going on.
可靠。無論發生什麼事,他一直都在。
Dependable.
可信賴。
Power.
力量。
Hero. He's a provider, he's a protector, he's a friend—he's my hero.
英雄。他是養家的人、他是保護者、他是朋友--他是我的英雄。
Honor. For many people, it's somebody to look up to. And honoring them, I think is important to do, especially with somebody that plays such an impact in upbringing.
榮耀。對許多人來說,是一個值得敬佩的人。尊敬他們,我認為這樣做是很重要的,特別是對於某個在孩子教養方面有這麼大影響力的人。
Guidance. If I hadn't had a father, I'd probably do more misguided things.
指引。如果我沒有父親,我大概會做更多傻事。
Responsibility. I've become one now, so the meaning of the word has started to take a multigenerational feel.
責任。我現在是一個父親了,所以這個詞的意義開始有跨世代的感覺。
Best. I know a lot of people say this, but I think my dad's probably the best thing in my life.
最棒的。我知道很多人都這麼說,但我認為我爸爸大概是我人生中最美好的事物。
He's nice. He's a very nice guy—caring, but also busy; distracted.
他很友善。他是個非常好的人--為他人著想,但也很忙;有很多事要操心。
Love. Because my father—he loved his kids and he would do anything for them.
愛。因為我的父親--他愛他的孩子,他會為他們做任何事。
Role model. That's the role I play. I'm a role model for my daughters.
榜樣。那就是我扮演的角色。我是我的女兒們的榜樣。
He is the best. He's Yoda, man. He's literally prepared me for what to expect in life.
他是最棒的。老兄,他是尤達大師。他真的讓我準備好面對生命中會遇到的事。
Protective. He, like, nurtures.
總是想保護人。他,就是,養育我們。
Proud.
自豪。
Compassionate. Uh...he's like the biggest supporter of what I do. I also think that's what a father should be.
有同情心。 呃...他就像是我做的一切的最大支持者。我也認為那就是一個父親應該扮演的角色。
Amazing. He's done a lot for me in my life.
了不起。他在我的人生中為我做了許多事。
Son.
兒子。
Brave.
無畏。
Best friend. For my dad was everything to me. He taught me a lot. He's a very honorable man.
最好的朋友。因為我爸爸就是我的一切。他教導我許多。他是位十分可敬的男人。
Cool and...strict.
很酷還有...很嚴格。
Intelligent, caring. Someone who cares for the family.
聰明、關心人。照顧家庭的那個人。
Me. Because I'm a father of an eight-year-old daughter, and I have another daughter, or son, coming.
我。因為我是八歲女兒的父親,而且我有另一個女兒,或是兒子,即將來臨。
Brilliant, artistic, and really fun.
聰明、有藝術天賦,而且非常好玩。
Strong, risk-taker.
強壯、敢冒險的人。
Spiritual.
高尚。
God.
上帝。
Teacher. The responsibility of a father is to teach and to pass on.
老師。一個父親的責任就是去教導和傳承。
Protector. He's always been there, you know, have my back.
保護者。他總是在那,你知道,當我的後盾。
Comfort. My father worked his butt off most of his life and taught me the true meaning of what it is to be a worker, and I hope to pass that on to my son.
慰藉。我的父親幾乎一生都在賣命工作,還教導我努力工作的真正意義是什麼,而我希望將那道理傳給我的兒子。
Love. He had nine children, and he managed to keep that together, and all of us love him very much.
愛。他有九個孩子,而他設法撐下去,我們大家都很愛他。
One Word: Father
一個字:父親。