Have you ever cried over a boy?
妳有為男生哭過嗎?
No.
才沒有。
No. Don't do it.
沒有。不要為男生哭喔。
People Ask Kids for Advice on Dating
大人們向小小孩徵詢約會建議
Sit here?
坐這裡嗎?
Right there.
就是那裡。
There we go.
準備好啦。
I'm 10.
我十歲。
You're 10! My gosh. I remember when I was 10. I remember the postman congratulated me.
妳十歲!我的天啊。我記得我十歲的時候。我還記得郵差恭喜我 10 歲了。
We paired our contributors with some kids to see if they could help them with dating.
我們將來賓與小孩配對,看看他們是否能在約會這件事幫上一點忙。
How do I find a nice person to go on a date with?
我要怎麼找到一個好人來約會?
Um.
嗯。
Lots of people meet them, friends or good people, really, when they just meet them, and they, like, bump into each other or something.
許多人認識他們,朋友或是好人的時候,真的,他們就只是碰到他們,然後他們遇見彼此之類的。
Okay, so you think I should just walk around Dublin forever until I bump into someone?
好,所以妳覺得我應該永遠只在都柏林閒晃,直到我遇見某個人?
No.
不是啦。
So I've said hello, and I've told them my name. What do I say next?
我已經說了哈囉,而且我已經跟她們說我的名字。我接下來要說什麼?
Your second name?
你的姓氏?
That's always... Yeah, let them know as much about me as possible.
那總是...沒錯,要盡量讓她們認識我。
What should we do on our first date?
我們第一次約會要做什麼?
Well, it's nice to go and do something really romantic on the first one.
嗯,第一次約會去做些真的很浪漫的事情是好的。
Yeah.
沒錯。
Because if you just do something plain, then they won't think you're trying to do a great gesture or trying...
因為如果妳只是做些平常的事情,那他們不會覺得妳在表示友好或是試著...
Yeah!
沒錯!
...trying hard to make them like you.
...努力要讓他們喜歡妳。
Yeah.
沒錯。
So is it important to be like, "We're going on a fancy restaurant date, gonna spend loads of money. It's gonna be awesome"?
所以這樣是很重要的嗎?像是「我們要在一個很高級的餐廳裡約會、要花超多錢。這會超讚的。」
Well, no, no, no, not too expensive because then you might not be able to afford it.
嗯,不、不、不、不要太貴,因為你可能付不起。
True. And then you'll have to run.
沒錯。然後你就要跑路了。
Yeah.
對呀。
Where would you go for dinner if you had to bring somebody on a date?
如果你要帶某人去約會,你會去哪裡吃晚餐呢?
McDonald's.
麥當勞。
You'd go to McDonald's? What would you get?
你會去麥當勞?你要點什麼吃?
Chicken nuggets.
雞塊。
Chicken nuggets? Just get a big box of chicken nuggets. What about your third date? Where else would we go? Should we go to McDonald's? We've done Burger King.
雞塊?只要一大盒雞塊就好。那你的第三次約會呢?我們還可以去哪裡?我們要去麥當勞嗎?我們去過漢堡王了。
KFC.
肯德基。
Go KFC. For more, more chicken nuggets.
去肯德基。去吃更多、更多雞塊。
Should I invite her in to meet my dog?
我應該邀她進門來看我的狗嗎?
No.
不。
Why not?
為什麼不要?
She might be allergic to dogs, or she might not like dogs, or the dog might bite her.
她可能對狗過敏,或是她可能不喜歡狗,又或是狗可能會咬她。
When should you kiss somebody on a date?
約會時你應該什麼時候親人家?
Oh God.
噢天啊。
It's gross, isn't it?
很噁心,對吧?
When it's actually happening with... If it's just like you're just sitting there, it's really bad to just go in, lean in, and do that.
當那真的發生了...如果那就只是妳就坐在那裡,然後就進來、往前靠,然後這麼親下去,就真的滿爛的。
Yeah, that's weird. Don't...ah...don't... Yeah, no one should ever do that.
對呀,那滿怪的。不要...嗯...不要...沒錯,沒有人應該那樣做。
Is there any, like, no-nos that you shouldn't do on a first date?
有沒有第一次約會不該做的事情?
Say they're ugly.
說她們很醜。
Okay. Don't say they're ugly.
好。不要說她們很醜。
What happens if you're the most fussy person in the world, and you can't find any boys, even though there's lots of nice boys, but you're just silly?
要是妳是世界上最挑剔的人,而且妳找不到任何男孩子,即便有許多好男孩,但妳就是太呆了,怎麼辦?
Probably you might find someone else that's silly, and then you'll, like, get to know and bond together?
可能妳要找其他也很呆的人,然後妳就會認識然後在一起?
Where do you find these people? Do you know where to find them?
妳在哪裡找這些人?妳知道要去哪裡找他們嗎?
You might just, like, you happen to bump into a friend, and they're all silly, and...
妳可能就,像是,妳剛好遇到一個朋友,然後他們都呆呆的,而...
Yeah.
沒錯。
...and then you might end up, like, starting to like them, and they might like you back.
...接著妳可能最後,就是,開始喜歡他們,而他們也可能回過頭來喜歡妳。
Okay. Do you think I'm a weirdo?
好。妳覺得我是怪咖嗎?
No.
不覺得。
No? You don't! That's always positive.
不覺得嗎?妳不覺得!那總是件好事了。
- 「閒晃、走來走去」- Walk Around
Okay, so you think I should just walk around Dublin forever until I bump into someone?
好,所以妳覺得我應該永遠只在都柏林閒晃,直到我遇見某個人? - 「遇見、碰到」- Bump Into
Okay, so you think I should just walk around Dublin forever until I bump into someone?
好,所以妳覺得我應該永遠只在都柏林閒晃,直到我遇見某個人?