On Saturday, President Trump celebrates his first year in office. Been almost a year since the inauguration, even though it seems like—it's like dog years—it seems like so many more. President Trump's approval rating, according to the polls that were released today, is at 37 percent, which isn't great. But that was a poll of adults. I wanna see what kids thought of his first year in office. So we stopped some children out on the street and asked them "How is the president doing?" And their answers went exactly like this.
川普總統在周六慶祝執政周年。雖然從就職典禮算起快一年了,但這一年過得--有夠漫長--簡直是度日如年。川普總統的支持度,根據今天更新的民調顯示是 37%,不怎麼好就是。但這是大人的民調。我倒想看看小孩對川普當總統的第一年有什麼想法。於是我們在街上攔了些小孩,然後問他們「總統當得好不好?」以下就是他們的答案。
How do you think Trump has done in his first year in office?
你覺得川普執政的第一年做得怎麼樣?
How do you think Trump has done in his first year in office?
你覺得川普執政的第一年做得怎麼樣?
Great.
很棒。
What do you think he's done that's so great?
那你覺得他做了什麼很棒的事?
To save the world.
拯救世界。
He saved the world? From what?
他拯救世界?免於什麼?
From harmony.
免於和平。
Do you think Donald Trump has done a good job in his first year as a president?
妳覺得唐納‧川普當總統的第一年當得如何?
No.
不好。
Why not?
為什麼不好?
Because he wants to put a wall over Mexico, and I, like, love going to Mexico.
因為他想要在墨西哥邊境築一道牆,可是我很愛去墨西哥。
What's the first thing you think of when I say Donald Trump?
一說到唐納·川普你第一個會想到什麼?
Small fingers and orange face.
手指很短,而且柑仔臉。
What's the worst thing he's done?
你覺得他做過最糟糕的事是什麼?
I think he needs to stop threatening North Korea.
我覺得他不該再繼續威脅北韓了。
Why?
為什麼?
Because I don't want to get nuked.
因為我不想被核彈炸。
What's the first thing you think of when you hear Donald Trump?
一聽到唐納·川普妳第一個會想到什麼?
Pictures.
照片。
Pictures of what?
什麼的照片?
A princess.
公主的照片。
Princesses?
公主?
Do you think he's smart?
妳覺得他聰明嗎?
No.
不聰明。
Why not?
為什麼?
He treats people badly, and that's why I don't think he's smart.
他對別人不好,所以我不覺得他聰明。
What's one nice thing you can say about Donald Trump?
要你講一個唐納·川普的優點,你會說什麼?
He has kind of cool hair, I think.
他髮型滿酷的,我覺得啦。
He has cool hair? Who's hair is cooler, his or yours?
他髮型很酷?那誰的髮型比較酷,他的還是你的?
Mine.
我的。
Donald Trump has a lot of nicknames for people, like Crooked Hillary, Rocket Man. Do you have a nickname for him?
唐納川普幫很多人取綽號,像是狡猾希拉蕊、火箭人金正恩。那妳有沒有幫他取綽號?
Poop face.
大便臉。
Mr. Tiny Hands.
小短手先生。
Cheeto.
奇多。
Can you do an impression of him?
你會模仿他嗎?
It's gonna be great.
這會 hen 棒。
We are gonna build a wall, and it will be huge.
我們要築一座牆,而且是很高大的牆。
I will build a wall, a big one.
我要築一座牆,很大的那種。
Shina, Shina, China, here's the paper towels.
ㄘㄨㄥ國、ㄘㄨㄥ國、中國,衛生紙在這啦。
Can you do an impression of the president for us?
妳會模仿總統嗎?
You're fired!
你被開除了!
- 「執政」- In Office
On Saturday, President Trump celebrates his first year in office.
川普總統在周六慶祝執政周年。 - 「漫長的時間」- Dog Years
Been almost a year since the inauguration, even though it seems like—it's like dog years—it seems like so many more.
雖然從就職典禮算起快一年了,但這一年過得有夠漫長--簡直是度日如年。 - 「模仿某人的言行」- Do An Impression Of Someone
Can you do an impression of him?
你會模仿他的表情嗎?