Come learn with us. Come learn with us, students. Forever and ever and ever.
來跟我們一起學。來跟我們一起學,同學們。永遠永遠永遠。
Five Terrifying Idioms
五個可怕的片語
Hello. Today we're going to do five terrifying idioms.
哈囉。今天我們要來教五個可怕的片語。
The first terrifying idiom is "to have goosebumps" or "something gives you goosebumps."
第一個可怕的片語是「to have goosebumps(起雞皮疙瘩)」或「something gives you goosebumps(某事情讓你起雞皮疙瘩)」。
Geese are cute. I thought this was supposed to be a terrifying Halloween lesson.
鵝很可愛。我以為這應該是個可怕的萬聖節教學單元。
When you get goosebumps, it's the same feeling as when you get cold. Little hairs stand on end, but it's not because you're cold—it's because you feel fear or if you hear a nice song.
如果你起雞皮疙瘩的話,感覺就和很冷的時候是一樣的。毛髮直豎,但不是因為你很冷--是因為你覺得很害怕,或是你聽到一首很好聽的歌。
You know what gives me goosebumps?
你知道什麼會讓我起雞皮疙瘩嗎?
What?
什麼?
Haunted houses, hearing noises in the dark, being alone in a cemetery. What gives you goosebumps?
鬼屋、黑暗中聽到怪聲、獨自一人在墓園裡。那什麼會讓你起雞皮疙瘩?
Enya. Her voice is heavenly.
恩雅。她有天籟般的歌聲。
Our second terrifying idiom is "to have butterflies in your tummy or stomach."
我們第二個可怕的片語是「to have butterflies in your tummy or stomach(感到很緊張)」。
Butterflies aren't scary, either.
蝴蝶也是一點都不可怕啊。
When you have that nervous feeling in your tummy like little, scary butteries are flying inside you—you have butterflies. For example, I saw a pretty girl. I love her. When she talks to me, I get butterflies.
當你的胃有那種緊張的感覺,就像小小的、膽小的蝴蝶在你的胃裡飛來飛去--那就是代表很緊張。例如,我看到一個漂亮的女孩。我愛她。她跟我說話的時候,我緊張到不行。
This is a Halloween lesson. Please try and be more dark and sinister.
這是萬聖節課程。請試著更黑暗兇惡一點好嗎。
What gives you butterflies?
那什麼會讓你很緊張?
Nothing. I'm dead inside. I have no emotions.
沒有。我心已死。我沒有情緒。
Our third awful idiom is "to be in high spirits."
第三個可怕的片語是「to be in high spirits(興高采烈)」。
Oh my God, that means "to be happy."
喔我的天,這個意思是「很快樂」欸。
Yes. Terribly happy. We usually say this when you're in a visibly good mood or perhaps you have more energy than usual.
對。快樂得不得了。我們通常在你很明顯有好心情的時候會說這個片語,或者你比平常更有活力的時候。
This isn't scary.
這不可怕。
For example, "His motivational speeches put everyone in high spirits." What puts you in high spirits?
例如:「他激勵人心的演講讓大家情緒高漲。」什麼東西會讓你興高采烈?
Death.
死亡。
The next idiom is "to get the heebie-jeebies/the willies," or "something creeps me out."
接下來的片語是「to get the heebie-jeebies/the willies(很害怕)」,或是「something creeps me out(某事嚇壞我了)」。
That's a bit better.
這有好一點。
When you feel uncomfortable or when your skin goes "ugh," you can say "It gives me the willies or the heebie-jeebies" or "This creeps me out."
如果你覺得不自在,或你的皮膚有點「呃啊」的感覺,你就可以說「這讓我很害怕」或是「這嚇壞我了」。
This is better. I like this one. "I often get the heebie-jeebies when I walk alone in the dark."
這個好多了。我喜歡這個片語。「我自己一個人在黑暗中走路的時候都讓我很害怕。」
You're never alone. I'm always watching you.
你不會是自己一個人。我都在看著你。
That's creepy.
好恐怖。
Our final idiom is "to have a stab at something."
我們最後一個片語是「to have a stab at something(嘗試做某事)」。
Okay, good. Finally.
好,很棒。終於來個可怕的了。
When you attempt something that you've never tried before, you have a stab at it.
如果你嘗試做一件你從來沒試過的東西,你就是在「have a stab at it(嘗試做這件事)」。
All right. Calm down.
好的。冷靜。
"Would you like to have a stab at giving us an example?"
「你想試試看給我們舉個例嗎?」
Sure. I've never learned Chinese. I'm dying to learn.
當然。我從來沒學過中文。我想學得要命。
Well, you're very clever. "You should have a stab at it!" You could make this more interesting with "a stab in the dark." This means when you guess something and you're really not sure if you're right, or if you try something which has very little chance of actually working.
你很聰明。「你應該試試看!」你可以把這個片語變得有趣一點,可以說「a stab in the dark(瞎猜)」。意思就是在你很不確定對不對的情況下亂猜,或者你嘗試某件幾乎不會真的成功的事情。
What's the time?
現在幾點了?
"I'm going to have a stab in the dark and say 5:30."
「我要亂猜現在五點半。」
"It was just a stab in the dark when I tried to park the car." I can't drive.
「我試著要停車的時候根本是亂試一通。」我根本不會開車。
Did you run anyone over?
你有把什麼人輾過去嗎?
Yes.
有。
Good.
很棒。
Thank you for watching. Now watch our other video.
感謝收看。現在看我們另一部影片吧。
- 「理應、應當」- Be Supposed To
I thought this was supposed to be a terrifying Halloween lesson.
我以為這應該是個可怕的萬聖節教學單元。 - 「感到很緊張」- Have/Get Butterflies (In Your Tummy Or Stomach)
For example, I saw a pretty girl. I love her. When she talks to me, I get butterflies.
例如,我看到一個漂亮的女孩。我愛她。她跟我說話的時候,我緊張到不行。 - 「興高采烈、很愉快」- In High Spirits
What puts you in high spirits?
什麼東西會讓你興高采烈? - 「讓人毛骨悚然、嚇壞某人」- Creep Someone Out
When you feel uncomfortable or when your skin goes "ugh," you can say "It gives me the willies or the heebie-jeebies" or "This creeps me out."
如果你覺得不自在,或你的皮膚有點「呃啊」的感覺,你就可以說「這讓我很害怕」或是「這嚇壞我了」。 - 「很害怕擔憂」- Get The Heebie-jeebies/Willies
I often get the heebie-jeebies when I walk alone in the dark.
我自己一個人在黑暗中走路的時候都讓我很害怕。 - 「極想做某件事」- Be Dying To Do Something
I've never learned Chinese. I'm dying to learn.
我從來沒學過中文。我想學得要命。 - 「嘗試做某事」- Have A Stab At Something
Well, you're very clever. "You should have a stab at it!"
你很聰明。「你應該試試看!」 - 「瞎猜」- A Stab In The Dark
It was just a stab in the dark when I tried to park the car.
我試著要停車的時候根本是亂試一通。 - 「撞到某人、把某人輾過」- Run Someone Over
Did you run anyone over?
你有把什麼人輾過去嗎?