Oof! What the... What is this place?
噢嗚!什麼鬼...這是什麼地方?
What's your name, honey?
親愛的,你叫什麼名字?
Uh, I'm Joe. I teach middle school band.
呃,我叫 Joe。我在中學帶樂隊。
Connie, go for it!
Connie,上吧!
Today started out as the best day of my life.
今天本來應該是我人生最棒的一天。
Back here tonight. First show's at seven.
今晚回來表演。第一場表演七點開始。
Yes! Woo-hoo! You know what this gonna say? Joe Gardner! I did it! I got the gig!
耶!喲呼!你知道這上面會換成誰的名字嗎?我的名字 Joe Gardner!我做到了!我得到演出機會了!
Must have been sudden for ya.
對你來說一定很突然。
Whoa! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Help! I'm not done! Oh! Oh my goodness!
哇!我的天哪!我的天哪!救命啊!我還沒活夠!喔!我的天哪!
Huh? Is this Heaven?
蛤?這是天堂嗎?
No. It's the Great Before. This is where new souls get their personalities, quirks, and interest before they go to Earth. Meet 22.
不。這裡是投胎先修班。所有靈魂投胎前都會在這裡培養出自己的個性、怪癖跟興趣。見見 22 號吧。
I don't wanna go to Earth!
我不要去投胎啦!
Stop fighting this!
不要再抗拒了!
I don't wanna!
我不要!
Uh...
呃...
Okay, look, I already know everything about Earth, and I don't want anything to do with it.
聽著,我看透人世間的所有事情了,我完全不想有任何牽扯。
You're missing out on the joys of life, like...pizza.
你這樣會錯失人生的快樂,像是...披薩。
I can't smell! We can't...we can't taste, either?
我聞不到!我們也...也吃不到味道?
All that stuff is in your body.
因為那些都是身體的器官。
No smell, no taste...
聞不到、吃不到...
Or touch.
也摸不到。
See?
看到了吧?
Okay, I get it.
好了,我知道了。
Wow. It's my life.
哇。這是我的人生耶。
Is all this living really worth dying for?
人生的一切真的值得我去投胎嗎?
This Summer
今年夏天
You're still alive?
你還活著?
Can you help me get back?
你能幫我回去嗎?
No way!
不可能!
There I am! What are we waiting for?
我就在那裡!我們還在等什麼?
No, no, no! Wait, not me!
不、不、不!等等,不是我啊!
Soul
《靈魂急轉彎》
Hmm. That's weird.
嗯。真奇怪。
What is it?
怎麼了?
One hundred and fifty-one thousand souls go into the Great Beyond every day, and I count every single one of them. That count's off.
每天都有 151,000 個靈魂到作古畢業班,我會一個一個計算。但現在數字對不起來了。
Huh.
是喔。
June 2020
2020 年六月
- 「開始」- start out
Today started out as the best day of my life.
今天本來應該是我人生最棒的一天。 - 「錯失(享樂的)機會」- miss out
You're missing out on the joys of life, like...pizza.
你這樣會錯失人生的快樂,像是...披薩。