Hey, you know, if you really wanna be our friend, you'd have one of these cigarettes, one of these smokes.
嘿,如果你真的想當我們的朋友,你就該抽個菸,吸幾口啊。
Yeah. Just a quick puff. It won't hurt.
對啊。只是吸一口。沒什麼害處的。
Come on.
來嘛。
No!
不要!
Parents Explain Peer Pressure
爸媽跟小孩解釋「同儕壓力」
Do you know what peer pressure is?
你知道什麼是同儕壓力嗎?
I have no idea.
完全沒概念。
This is a very, very important topic, you guys.
這是個非常、非常重要的課題,你們兩個。
Have you ever felt like your friend are asking you to do something you kind of feels uncomfortable or maybe you know you really shouldn't do it?
你有沒有朋友叫你做一些讓你有點感到不舒服,或可能是一些你覺得真的不應該做的事情?
Um-hum.
有。
Because you wanna be cool to your friends, right?
因為你想要在朋友面前看起來很酷,對吧?
Uh-huh.
對。
And so there's a...like expectation or pressure to do certain things.
那所以就會有...像是期待或壓力迫使你做某些事情。
So...let's say, I'm one of your friends.
那...假裝我是你的朋友。
Okay.
好。
Okay.
好。
Are these real?
這些是真的嗎?
Yeah, they look like they're real.
對呀,看起來是真的。
Yeah.
是真的。
Okay, so, here's Sally and Steve. Steve and Sally.
好,那這是 Sally 跟 Steve。Steve 跟 Sally。
And these girls think Steve is very cool.
然後這些女生覺得 Steve 很酷。
And big muscles.
還有大肌肉。
And big muscles.
還有大肌肉。
Hey, Kate, you wanna come smoke with us and be cool like us?
嘿,Kate,你想不想一起抽菸然後變得跟我們一樣酷啊?
No.
不想。
What? Are you too scared?
怎麼?太膽小了嗎?
Don't be a weenie, just come have one.
不要像膽小鬼一樣,就來抽一根啊。
Try this beer. It's really good. Oh, you're super cute! Don't you wanna drink?
喝喝看啤酒啊。很好喝喔。喔,你超可愛的!你想喝酒嗎?
I'll think you're super cool if you smoke a cigarette with me.
如果你跟我一起抽菸的話我就會覺得你超酷的。
Okay.
好啊。
See? You just fell to peer pressure. Peer pressure talked you into it.
看吧?你剛剛就落入同儕壓力的陷阱了。同儕壓力說服你做這件事了。
Did you ever get peer pressure?
你們有遇過同儕壓力嗎?
Yes. By my friend named Scott. He was drinking alcohol in high school, and I thought he was the coolest thing ever. And he asked me to drink alcohol.
有。我有個朋友叫 Scott,他就給過我同儕壓力。他高中的時候就開始喝酒,我就覺得他是最酷的人。然後他也叫我喝酒。
Hey, Ryan. Look what I got. I got some cigarettes, and I got some beers!
嘿,Ryan。看看我拿了什麼。我有菸,我也有啤酒!
Come on, Mary Jane!
來嘛,Mary Jane!
Mom!
媽!
He's like, "Just take this little bit, take this little bit." I knew I shouldn't.
他就說:「就一小口就好,就一小口。」我知道我不該喝。
Ciela, oh, my best friend! I'm so happy that you're here!
Ciela,喔,我最好的朋友!我好開心你在這裡喔!
Uh-huh.
好喔。
Come on! Let's smoke!
來嘛!一起抽菸吧!
I'm just partying, and I'm having a good time! I really feel like smoking a cigarette is so cool to do!
我只是在狂歡,而且我玩得超開心的!我真的覺得抽菸超酷的!
I'm gonna have some beer!
我要來點啤酒!
And then I tried it, and it was so horrible I actually did spit it out. And then he didn't like me anymore, because I spit out his alcohol that he took. And he is in prison now.
然後我就喝了,但實在有夠難喝,我就吐出來了。後來他就不喜歡我了,因為我把他給的酒吐出來。而他現在在監獄裡。
Teens might want you to try marijuana, molly, or speed. There's a lot of different drugs out there.
青少年可能會想要你吸大麻、迷幻藥或是快速丸。有很多各種不同的毒品。
Do you do drugs?
你會吸毒嗎?
Yeah, a bit. What do you think?
會,一點點。你覺得呢?
No.
不可能。
Well, actually I have done drugs before.
其實我以前吸過毒。
If you were to try those things, I would want you to be able to tell me and know that I still love you.
如果你以後真的嘗試了那些東西,我希望你能夠告訴我,並知道我還是會愛你。
Um-hum.
好。
We were on our way home from school, and a friend of mine had some marijuana, some buds.
我們從學校的路上要回家,有個朋友身上有大麻,有些大麻菸。
It's really hard in most situations to say, "No, thanks."
在大部分的狀況下要說「不用了,謝謝」其實很難。
Why do you think marijuana would be okay?
你怎麼會覺得可以吸大麻?
I think my brother did it before, and so I heard about it—
我想說我哥哥以前吸過,所以我聽過--
I don't care if Danny did it before.
我不在乎 Danny 有沒有吸過。
Good friends will support you. If they wanna push you and force you into doing something you don't wanna do or is a bad choice—
好的朋友會支持你。如果他們逼你或強迫你做你不想做的事情,或是這事情很糟--
They're not good friends.
他們就不是好的朋友。
No.
不是。
Yeah.
沒錯。
And there might be some other friends who actually don't wanna be doing those things, but they feel peer-pressured and feel like they need to do it.
有可能其他朋友其實不想做那些事情,但他們覺得有同儕壓力,所以覺得他們必須做。
And if I do that, then they might go with me.
如果我做了,他們可能就會接納我。
Yeah.
對。
I bet your mom was very disappointed in you.
我猜你媽一定對你很失望。
I didn't tell my mom. I didn't tell all my—
我沒跟我媽講。我沒告訴任何--
You've never told her it?
你從來沒跟她說過?
So, you want me to call Oma and tell her that I smoked some marijuana?
你要我打給阿嬤然後跟她說我抽過大麻嗎?
Yes!
對!
Well, we'll see.
再看看啦。
- 「說服某人做某事」- Talk Someone Into Something
Peer pressure talked you into it.
同儕壓力說服你做這件事了。