Decluttering the Closet
清理衣櫃
Marie Kondo came. She conquered my closet. The first thing she did after saying hello was greet the house, which involved having a...almost sacred moment with the floorboard, sort of her...just divining what was gonna be happening.
近藤麻理惠來到我家。她完全征服了我的衣櫃。跟我打完招呼後,她做的第一件事情就是恭敬地問候房子,有一段時間她跪在地板上,近乎神聖,有點像她的...就像在預測未來會發生什麼事。
This is the big problem area.
這區問題很大。
Step one: Remove everything from your closet.
第一步:把衣櫃裡的所有東西拿出來。
And everything, it just exploded on the bed.
所有東西都丟到床上。
Step two: Lay out everything on the bed.
第二步:把床上的東西展開排好。
We decided what sparked joy and what did not.
我們決定哪些東西會讓我怦然心動,哪些不會。
I'm a little nervous about this.
我有點緊張。
Step three: Ask yourself if the item sparks joy.
第三步:問問自己那件東西有沒有讓你怦然心動。
I have a lot of joy. Okay, so these all spark joy.
很多東西都讓我很開心。好,這些全都會怦然心動。
Okay.
好。
Oh, my "Johnny Cash giving the finger" T-shirt. I love that. I guess this doesn't really spark joy. I think it's sort of silly.
喔,我的「Johnny Cash 比中指」T 恤耶。我很愛那件。我猜這沒有讓我怦然心動。我覺得有點白癡。
Wait, before you get rid of it, you have to thank it.
(日文)等等,妳丟掉之前,妳得感謝它。
Oh, yeah, yeah. Okay.
喔,對、對。好。
Thank you.
謝謝。
Thank you. Thanks. Goodbye.
謝謝。謝謝。掰掰。
We thanked each piece of clothing and said goodbye to it.
我們感謝了每件衣服,並跟它說再見。
Step four: Thank items for their service then discard.
第四步:謝謝這些東西對你的幫助,接著丟掉。
This is my dress from the Met Ball. Who wouldn't be happy? This doesn't bring you joy? This was my prom dress. I think this can go.
這是我在 Met Ball 上穿的禮服。誰不會開心呀?這沒有讓妳怦然心動嗎?這是我的舞會禮服。我想它可以走了。
Deft execution.
俐落實行。
Thank you.
(日文)謝謝。
Then we put everything back in my closet.
然後我們把所有東西放回衣櫃。
Step five: Refill closet with items hanging in order of height.
第五步:重新把衣服放回衣櫃,以高度排列。
And all the longest pieces and the heaviest pieces should go from left to right so that when you look, your eye travels up. It's like some kind of econ graph that I don't know about.
所有最長的衣物和最重的衣物要從左排到右,這樣你看的時候,眼光可以從低到高看上去。就像某種我看不懂的經濟學曲線。
Step six: Fold clothing into tight rectangles.
第六步:將衣服摺成緊實的長方形。
And then Marie showed me how to fold all of my clothing so that they're all standing vertically like little rectangular soldiers.
接著麻理惠教我怎麼摺所有的衣服,這樣才能讓每件衣服排排站,就像是長方形士兵一樣。
Step seven: Store folded clothing upright.
第七步:將摺好的衣物垂直放置。
I feel like she's my security blanket now. Marie transformed my closet. I'm gonna give it a week.
我覺的她現在變成我的安全小被被了。麻理惠改造了我的衣櫃。我想試驗一個禮拜看看。