All right, one more thing. Speaking of kids, you know, my mission as a talk show host—yes, I do have a mission—it's not just to entertain; it's to educate, and not just adults, children, too. The next generation needs guidance on so many matters, including those of the heart. So I sat down with a couple of kids named Dean and Arlene to get their thoughts on the mysterious emotion called love.
好,還有一件事情。說到小孩,你知道,我身為脫口秀主持人的任務--對,我有任務--我不是只要娛樂大家而已;還需要有點教育意義,不只是對大人,對小孩也是。我們有太多事情需要教導下一代了,當然也包括關於心靈方面的事情。所以我坐下來跟兩個小孩談談,他們叫做 Dean 和 Arlene,我跟他們聊了聊這個充滿神秘的情感:愛。
Jimmy Talks to Kids about Love
Jimmy 和小孩聊聊什麼是愛
Dean and Arlene, how are you guys doing?
Dean 和 Arlene,你們好嗎?
Good.
很好。
How long you've been together?
你們在一起多久了?
Um...as when we got here?
嗯...我們到這裡之後?
Oh, so this is a new relationship.
喔,所以你們的關係才剛開始。
Yes.
對。
Yeah, yeah. You're both five years old?
嗯,好。你們都五歲嗎?
Uh-huh.
對。
Uh-huh.
對。
Are you both in kindergarten?
你們現在都讀幼稚園嗎?
Uh-huh.
對。
Well, how do you like it?
那你們喜歡上學嗎?
Good.
喜歡。
Yeah. What is love, exactly?
好。到底什麼是愛呢?
It's putting someone's needs before yours.
是把對方的需求看得比自己的需求更重要。
Wow! I thought Oprah was off the air. I don't know how this is happening. What do you think love is?
哇!歐普拉的秀不是已經停播了嗎?我不知道怎麼會這樣。你覺得愛是什麼?
It's someone that you love most.
是你最愛的人。
Um-hmm. Okay. Girls are a little more advanced than boys, yes? Yeah.
嗯嗯。對。女生比男生成熟,對吧?對。
So, one thing I know about you, Dean—because your Dad works here at the show, right?—is that you love to see people kiss on television. Is that true?
Dean,我知道你的一件事情--因為你爸爸在這邊工作,對吧?--就是你喜歡看電視上有人親親。這是真的嗎?
Um. Nope.
嗯。不是。
That's not true? Oh, you don't like kissing.
不是真的?喔,你不喜歡親親。
And it's so gross.
親親很噁心耶。
It is gross. What's gross about it, exactly?
很噁心。為什麼會噁心?
Because they're sharing germs.
因為這樣細菌會互相傳染。
Sharing germs. But you probably kiss your mom, right?
互相傳染細菌。但你會親你媽媽,對不對?
Yeah.
對。
Um-hmm. Why isn't that gross?
嗯。那為什麼親媽媽不噁心?
Well, you kiss your mom and dad because you're family.
你親媽媽和爸爸是因為你們是一家人。
Um-hmm.
對。
And, their germs...
然後他們的細菌...
They're family germs.
是家人的細菌。
Yeah. And but if you kiss someone else, it's kind of gross because they're sharing their germs.
對。如果你親別人就很噁心,因為他們的細菌會互相傳染。
They're sharing their family germs. It's like kissing everyone in their family.
他們有他們家的細菌。所以這樣就像你親他們家的每個人。
Yeah. Yeah.
對。對。
Right, right.
對,沒錯。
I'm just never gonna marry anybody because it's...
我永遠不可能跟別人結婚了,因為...
It's what?
因為什麼?
...kind of disgusting.
...因為有點噁心。
Are you guys falling in love with each other right now?
那你們兩個現在愛上對方了嗎?
No.
沒有。
Um... No, that's disgust—
嗯...沒有,那很噁--
A little bit?
一點點?
No.
沒有啦。
A little bit? Do you think Dean is cute?
一點點喜歡吧?你覺得 Dean 帥嗎?
Kind of.
有點。
Kind of cute. Yeah.
有點帥。對。
Do you think Arlene is cute?
你覺得 Arlene 漂亮嗎?
Kind of.
有點。
Yeah, I think you're both pretty cute.
對,我覺得你們兩個都很可愛。
Should we bring out the love meter and see if you're in love?
我們把戀愛探測器拿出來,測測看你們有沒有愛上對方,好不好?
No.
不要。
Yes!
好!
No!
不要啦!
Okay, let's do it. Let's bring out the love meter. And Stay right there.
好,來吧。我們把戀愛探測器拿出來。待在這別亂跑喔。
Okay, fine.
好啦,算了。
I'll bring out the love meter, and we'll test. We'll see if you're in love.
我會拿出戀愛探測器,我們來測試一下。來看看你們有沒有愛上對方了。
Oh...my gosh.
喔...我的天。
This is the love meter. Now we put this over your heart. And then we see it senses if you're in love.
這就是戀愛探測器。現在我會把這個放在你們的胸口。它就會測出你們是不是愛上對方了。
Okay, try it on Dean first.
好,那你先測 Dean。
All right. Let's find out.
好。我們來看看。
Just try it on Dean first.
你先測 Dean。
Should we find out, Dean? All right. Here we go. I gotta get it right near on your heart. Right there. Woah. Yeah, that's love. That is love.
Dean,我們來看看結果如何,好嗎?好。來試試看。我要把這個放在你胸前。就是那邊。哇。對,真的是愛。你愛上她了。
Okay.
好喔。
Wow. It knows. Is it right, Dean? Yeah, it is right. Okay.
哇。它知道你戀愛了。對嗎,Dean?對,是真的。好。
Okay. Try on me.
好。那你測測看我的心。
And Arlene. Oh, well. Okay, now I'll try it on you. All right. Oh my gosh.
接下來是 Arlene。喔,好。好,我現在測你的感覺。好。我的天哪。
Okay, that is funny.
好,這很奇怪。
Wow, look at that. You guys are in love. Ain't that great?
哇,你看。你們愛上對方了。這樣不是很棒嗎?
Okay.
好喔。
Try to see if you're in love with us because I think you are.
那你測測看你是不是愛上我們了,因為我覺得是。
Try yours.
你自己測測看。
Oh, see if I'm in love with you? All right, let's see. Yeah, no. I'm not in love with you. But watch this. If I think about spaghetti... You see what happens? Yeah. See? Because I love spaghetti.
喔,看看我是不是愛上你們嗎?好,我們看看。好,沒有。我沒愛上你們。但你們看喔。如果我想著義大利麵...你們有看到發生什麼事嗎?對。看到了嗎?因為我愛義大利麵。
You're in love with spaghetti.
你愛上義大利麵了。
I'm in love with spaghetti.
我愛上義大利麵了。
Oh my gosh.
喔我的天。
And guess what I'm also in love with?
你們猜猜看我還愛上什麼了?
What?
什麼?
Meatballs!
肉丸子!
Oh my gosh.
喔我的天哪。
I know.
我知道。
Tell each other you love each other.
快告訴對方你們愛彼此。
I wanna go home.
我想要回家了啦。
This is weird.
這樣很奇怪捏。
Jimmy Talks to Kids about Love
Jimmy 和小孩聊聊什麼是愛
Thanks, kids.
謝啦,孩子們。