We played a game...called "Would You Rather"
我們進行一個遊戲...叫作「你比較想」
Would you rather be really big or really small?
你比較想要當很大的人還是很小的人?
I'd...big!
我比較想...大!
To see what success actually means to kids.
來了解成功對孩子真正的意義。
Would you rather be a kid forever or a really rich grown-up?
你比較想永遠當個小孩還是變成一個超有錢的大人?
Very rich.
超有錢。
Why?
為什麼?
So I can buy whatever I want.
那樣我就可以想買什麼就買什麼。
Really rich people do—all they do is run and be happy because they have a lot of money!
很有錢的人--他們做的事就只有跑來跑去然後很開心,因為他們有很多很多錢!
The children are not rich.
小朋友沒有錢。
Like, is Ariana Grande rich?
像是,Ariana Grande 有錢嗎?
Being famous is cool.
有名超酷的。
That's success, like, you know... I don't know if it is. Is it?
那就是成功,像是,你知道... 我不知道那樣算不算。算嗎?
It turned out the kids valued something else more.
結果顯示孩子們更重視其它事物。
Would you rather have all the money in the world and not have any friends or have a lot of friends and no money at all?
你比較想擁有全世界的財富然後沒有半個朋友,還是有很多朋友但沒半毛錢?
Lots of friends.
很多朋友。
Friends.
朋友。
Because I love my friends.
因為我愛我的朋友。
You do?
是嗎?
Yeah! And I'll come to them every day—every single day except a school day.
對啊!而且我每天都會找他們--每天,除了上學日外。
Pssh! They can give me money...from their moms. They can trick their moms.
哈!我朋友可以給我錢...從他們媽媽那拿。他們可以騙媽媽。
Would you rather be successful because you're rich or because you're happy?
你比較想要因為富有而成功,還是因為快樂而成功?
Being happy with what I am instead of wanting something more. Sometimes I am successful and sometimes I'm not.
滿意我的樣子而非想要更多。有時候我是成功的,有時候則不。
I'd rather be happy then.
那我比較想要快樂。
I wanna be happy.
我想要快樂。
Happy, definitely.
快樂,毫無疑問。
Money can't buy you happiness.
錢不能替你買到幸福。
I think success is just being happy with your life.
我認為成功就是對你的人生感到滿意。
I wanna be happy, because if I was, like, rich...actually, no, happy.
我想要快樂,因為如果我很有錢...其實,不,我選快樂。
Success means happiness.
成功的意義就是快樂。
So maybe...success and happiness are the same thing.
所以或許...成功和快樂是同件事。
- 「結果是、最終成為」- Turn Out
It turned out the kids valued something else more.
結果顯示孩子們更重視其它事物。