My name is Auggie Pullman. Next week, I start fifth grade. And since I've never been to a real school before, I'm pretty much totally petrified.
我的名字是奧吉‧包曼。下個禮拜我就要上五年級了。因為我從來沒有真的上學過,我快嚇死了。
I'll see you later.
晚點見囉。
You don't wanna walk up with your parents, because it's not cool.
你不會想和爸媽一起走進學校,因為那樣不酷。
But you're cool.
可是你很酷啊。
I know I am, but...technically, most dads aren't. Neither are these helmets.
我知道我很酷,不過...嚴格說起來,大部份的老爸都不酷。這頭盔也不酷。
Dear God, please make them be nice to him.
親愛的上帝,請讓他們對他好一點吧。
I know I'm not an ordinary 10-year-old kid. I've had 27 surgeries. They helped me to breathe, to see, to hear without a hearing aid, but none of them have made me look ordinary.
我知道我不是一般的十歲小孩。我動過二十七次手術。那些手術讓我能呼吸、看見世界、不用助聽器就聽得見,但沒有一個手術讓我看起來和普通人一樣。
Incubator, Bunsen burners... Oh, and this is an eraser.
孵化器、本生燈... 噢,然後這是板擦。
You know what an eraser is, right?
你知道板擦是什麼,對吧?
Look at his face! I've never seen anything that ugly in my life!
看看他的臉!我這輩子還沒看過這麼醜的東西!
If I look like him, I swear I'd put a hood over my face.
如果我長得和他一樣,我發誓我會遮住我的臉。
I know you don't always like it, but I love it—it's my son's face.
我知道你不總是滿意這張臉,但我愛死了--這是我兒子的臉啊。
You are not ugly, Auggie.
奧吉,你並不醜。
You just have to say that because you are my mom.
因為妳是我媽,妳只能那樣說。
Because I'm your mom, it counts the most—because I know you the most.
因為我是你媽,我說的最準--因為我最了解你。
Hi.
嗨。
You don't have to do this.
妳不用這樣。
I don't know what you're talking about, Auggie.
我不知道你在說什麼,奧吉。
You don't have to pretend is all I'm saying.
我只是想說妳沒必要假裝。
Auggie!
奧吉!
Okay, I'm really sorry! Why are you sitting here, then?
好啦,我很抱歉!那妳為什麼要坐這?
Because I want some nice friends for a change.
因為我想換換口味,交一些友善的朋友。
Me too.
我也是。
Who is it that I aspire to be? That is the question that we should be asking ourselves all the time.
我想成為怎樣的人?那是我們應該無時無刻問自己的問題。
Hey, Jack. Come sit here.
嘿,傑克。過來坐這。
In a sec.
等一下。
I'd like to be able to control the weather.
我想要能控制天氣。
That would be your superpower? That sounds pretty lame.
那就是你的超能力?聽起來滿遜的。
What would you do?
那你的超能力又是什麼?
I'd be invisible.
我會讓人看不到我。
You're the toughest kid in that school. Show them. You can't blend in when you were born to stand out.
你是那間學校裡最堅強的小孩。讓他們見識一下。當你註定要與眾不同,你就沒辦法和大家一樣。
Wonder
《奇蹟男孩》
Have you ever thought about having plastic surgery?
你有沒有想過去動整形手術?
Dude, this is after plastic surgery! It takes a lot of work to look this good.
老兄,這就是整形後啦!可是費了很多力氣才變這麼帥耶。
- 「差不多、幾乎完全地」- Pretty Much
And since I've never been to a real school before, I'm pretty much totally petrified.
因為我從來沒有真的上學過,我快嚇死了。 - 「換個口味、為了有變化」- For A Change
Because I want some nice friends for a change.
因為我想換換口味,交一些友善的朋友。 - 「一直、不停」- All The Time
Who is it that I aspire to be? That is the question that we should be asking ourselves all the time.
我想成為怎樣的人?那是我們應該無時無刻問自己的問題。 - 「能夠」- Be Able To
I'd like to be able to control the weather.
我想要能控制天氣。 - 「融入、混入」- Blend In
You can't blend in when you were born to stand out.
當你註定要與眾不同,你就沒辦法和大家一樣。 - 「顯眼、突出、出眾」- Stand Out
You can't blend in when you were born to stand out.
當你註定要與眾不同,你就沒辦法和大家一樣。