My friend, we have traveled very far. We have no food, no water. Once I see my people fed, I would be honored...
我的朋友,我們長途跋涉。我們沒有食物、沒有水。一旦我看見我的子民被餵飽,我會很榮幸...
No. We have a serious problem with radical Islam—we have a tremendous problem. And we can't be the stupid country anymore.
不。我們有很嚴重的激進伊斯蘭份子問題--我們的麻煩可大了。我們不能再當蠢國家。
Where I come from, guests are treated with respect, not insulted at the gates.
我來自的地方,客人被以禮相待,而非在大門口被羞辱。
Given the circumstances, my Lord, I believe extreme measures are warranted.
鑑於情勢,大人,我相信極端手段是被允許的。
The people that are with me a hundred percent are the people.
百分之百認同我的才是人民。
What?
啥?
The Pope. The Pope was in Mexico. Do you know that? Does everyone know that? Right? He said negative things about me.
教宗。教宗在墨西哥。你知道那件事嗎? 大家知道嗎?對吧?他說我的壞話。
Dreadful.
糟透了。
The Pope is being told that Donald Trump is not a nice person. Donald Trump is a very nice person.
教宗聽說唐納‧川普不是個好人。唐納‧川普是個非常好的人。
If you do not let us in, all of us will die.
如果你不讓我們進去,我們全都會死。
I said temporarily. I didn't say permanently. I said temporarily.
我是說暫時。我又沒說永遠。我說暫時。
We have no border, we have no control. People are flooding across. We need to build a wall, and it has to be built quickly. The greatest builder is me, and I would build the greatest wall you have ever seen. And in that wall, we're going to have a beautiful big, fat door where people can come into the country, but they have to come in legally. I don't think they like me very much.
我們沒有邊界關卡、我們無法控制。人們正湧過邊界。我們需要建一座牆,而且必須要快。最出色的建築者就是我,我會打造一面你們所見過最雄偉的牆。在那面牆上,我們會有一座美麗厚實的大門,人們可以從那進到國內,不過他們得合法地進入。我想他們不大喜歡我。
This country needs somebody that's a dealmaker.
這國家需要一個會協商的人。
I'm giving you command of Greyguard.
我給你灰衛堡的指揮權。
No deals, no deals. We don't make deals, not with anybody. We don't make deals.
沒有協議、沒有協議。我們不作協議的,和誰都不作。我們不作協議。
You mistake me, my Lord. That was a command.
你誤會我了,大人。那是個命令。
No, no, no, no, excuse me. Just so you understand, we need people that know what they're doing. We don't need babies.
不不不不,不好意思。只是讓你知道一下, 我們需要清楚自己在做什麼的人。我們不需要小寶寶。
You're refusing to obey my order?
你是在拒絕聽從我的指令嗎?
Yeah. By the way, I never use—I think you could say that, yeah.
對啊。順帶一提,我從沒用--我想你可以那樣說,沒錯。
Olly, bring me my sword.
奧利,把我的劍拿來。
They laugh at us—our enemies laugh at us. But they say waterboarding and they chop off heads. They think we are so stupid—you have no idea.
他們嘲笑我們--我們的敵人嘲笑我們。但他們說水刑太小兒科,他們做的是直接把頭砍掉(註一)。他們覺得我們蠢斃了--你不知道。
I much like my head. I don't want to see it removed just yet.
我還滿喜歡我的頭。我還不想看到它被摘掉。
I would bring back waterboarding, and I'd bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding.
我會恢復水刑,而且我還會帶回來比水刑恐怖多的。
Game of Thrones—Winter Is Trumping
《權力遊戲--凜冬將勝》
註一:此段為唐納‧川普對恐怖組織的手段以及美國處理的方法所提出的見解,有興趣可見原文連結:http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/week-transcript-hillary-clinton-sen-marco-rubio-donald/story?id=36760228
- 「順帶一提」- By The Way
By the way, I never use—I think you could say that, yeah.
順帶一提,我從沒用--我想你可以那樣說,沒錯。 - 「嘲笑」- Laugh At
They laugh at us—our enemies laugh at us.
他們嘲笑我們--我們的敵人嘲笑我們。 - 「不知道」- Have No Idea
They think we are so stupid—you have no idea.
他們覺得我們蠢斃了--你不知道。