Miss Beth, Miss Beth! Hi!
貝絲小姐、貝絲小姐!嗨!
Hi, Elmo.
嗨,艾蒙。
Oh, look what Elmo has!
噢,妳看艾蒙有什麼!
Wow! Where did you get all that money?
哇!你怎麼有那些錢啊?
Oh, from Elmo's nana. Elmo's so excited! But what should Elmo do with all this money?
喔,艾蒙的奶奶給的。艾蒙好興奮喔!不過艾蒙該拿這些錢怎麼辦呢?
Well, I have a suggestion for you.
嗯,我有個小建議給你。
Will you?
妳願意跟我說嗎?
Yeah, you can put it into three different jars.
當然,你可以把錢放進三個不同的罐子裡。
But...why?
不過...為什麼呢?
Well, Elmo, it's a great way to learn about money. In one jar, you put money you want to spend, and in another jar, you put money to save, and in the third jar, you put money to share with others who need it.
這個嘛,艾蒙,這是個學習理財的好方法。在一個罐子裡,你放進你想要花的錢,而在另一個罐子裡,你放進要存起來的錢,然後在第三個罐子裡,你放進要和有需要的人分享的錢。
Oh... Elmo doesn't understand.
喔... 艾蒙不懂。
Well, I have some friends who do it pretty well, so let me show you how that works.
嗯,我有些朋友做得很不錯,所以讓我帶你瞧瞧那是怎麼回事吧。
Okay.
好。
Okay.
好。
My name is Leo, and I keep my money in three jars. One jar is for spending; one is for saving; one is for sharing.
我的名字是里歐,我把我的錢存在三個罐子裡。一個罐子是買東西用的;一個是要存起來;一個是拿來分享。
My name is Emily, and these are my three jars: spending, saving, sharing. Sometimes my grandmother gives me money when she visits.
我的名字是艾蜜莉,這些是我的三個罐子:支出、儲蓄、分享。有時候我的奶奶來拜訪時會給我錢。
Sometimes my mom gives me money. Today I'm going shopping with my spending jar. I'm going to a toy store to get a small toy. My mom and brother are helping me choose. I'll use my spending money to buy the toy. I have enough spending money to buy one ball! I like this one. I really want this guitar—like the one my dad has. I'll have to save my money. It might take me a long time to save enough money for this guitar, but that's okay. I'll buy it when I have enough saving money. But today I'm getting this ball with my spending money.
我的媽媽有時候會給我錢。今天我要帶著我的支出罐去逛街。我要去玩具店買一個小玩具。我的媽媽和弟弟在幫忙我挑。我要用我的買東西錢錢來買玩具。我有足夠的買東西錢錢買一顆球!我喜歡這一顆。我真的好想要這把吉他--就和爸爸的一樣。我得存錢。要存夠錢買這把吉他可能會花很多時間,不過沒關係。我會等到存夠錢時再買它。不過今天我要用我的買東西錢錢買這顆球。
I wanna use my sharing money to help animals. These kittens don't have a place to live, and they need food. I can buy food for them with my sharing money. I'm buying cans of cat food with my sharing money.
我想要用我的分享錢錢來幫助動物。這些小貓咪沒有地方住,而且牠們需要食物。我可以用我的分享錢錢來買食物給牠們。我用我的分享錢錢買貓咪罐頭。
Thank you.
謝謝你。
You're welcome.
不客氣。
This cat food is perfect for the kittens. I hope they like it.
這種貓食最適合小貓咪了。希望牠們會喜歡。
My spending jar is for buying something fun. I found bubbles, and I have enough spending money to buy them. I really want this polar bear, but I don't have enough money to buy it today. I'll have to save for it. I'll keep putting money in my saving jar, and I'll come back when I have enough money. But today, I'm happy to use my spending money on these bubbles. I'm going to use my sharing jar to do something nice. I'm going to buy these apples and share them with my neighbor.
我的支出罐是要用來買好玩的東西。我找到泡泡,我有足夠的買東西錢錢買它們。我真的很想要這隻北極熊,不過我今天的錢不夠買下它。我得為了熊熊存錢。我會繼續存錢在我的儲蓄罐,然後我會在我有足夠的錢時回來。不過今天,我很開心可以用我的買東西錢錢來買這些泡泡。我要用我的分享罐來做好事。我要買這些蘋果然後和我的鄰居分享。
Today I bought bubbles with my spending jar and used my sharing jar to give something to others. I'm going to keep filling my saving jar until I can buy that polar bear.
我今天用支出罐買了泡泡,然後用分享罐來給別人東西。我會繼續存錢在我的儲蓄罐到我可以買那隻北極熊為止。
Today, I bought a ball with my spending jar and used my sharing jar to feed some kittens. And I'm going to keep filling my saving jar until I can buy that guitar.
今天,我用我的支出罐買了一顆球,然後用分享罐餵了一些小貓咪。我會一直投錢進我的儲蓄罐到我可以買那把吉他。
Thanks, everybody. So, this is Elmo's saving jar.
大家謝謝。所以,這是艾蒙的儲蓄罐。
That's right, Elmo. And this one is for spending.
沒錯,艾蒙。這一個是支出用的。
Spending.
支出。
And this one is for...
而這一個是...
Oh, sharing!
噢,分享!
That's right! That's right.
對!沒錯。
Oh, Elmo's so excited to put his money in three jars. Oh, but there's just one problem, Miss Beth.
噢,艾蒙好興奮可以把錢錢放到三個罐子裡。喔,不過只有一個問題,貝絲小姐。
Oh, what's that?
喔,是什麼呢?
Elmo needs a little help.
艾蒙需要小小的幫忙。
Well, sure. This jar is for saving.
嗯,沒問題。這個罐子是儲蓄用的。
Okay, saving... Oh, cool!
好,儲蓄... 喔,酷!
And this one is for...?
那麼這一個是...?
Oh, spending!
噢,支出!
That's right.
沒錯。
Cool!
酷!
And this one is for...
這一個是...
Sharing!
分享!
That's right!
對了!
Oh boy! Oh boy! Elmo can't wait to add more. Oh! Thank you, Miss Beth. Kiss, kiss. Muah!
天啊!天啊!艾蒙等不及要增加更多錢錢了。噢!謝謝妳,貝絲小姐。親親。嗯嘛!
That's great.
太好了。