Hmmm, who do we have here?
嗯,這是哪位?
Yeah, I'll definitely get a much better view of her over here.
沒錯,我在這裡絕對可以看她看得更清楚。
Of all the empty benches here, he chooses the only one in front of me. Could he be any more obvious?
在這裡所有空的長椅中,他選了在我前面的唯一一個。他還不夠明顯嗎?
Shoot, of all the empty benches here, I chose the one in front of her. I hope it wasn't too obvious. Well, I can't move now.
糟糕,在這裡所有空的長椅中,我選了在她面前的這個。我希望不會太明顯。呃,我現在也不能移動了。
At least he's cute.
至少他很可愛。
Man, she's cute!
老天,她好可愛!
Well dressed, well groomed, nice shoes, looks tall.
穿著得體、打扮整潔、好看的鞋子,看起來很高。
So cute. Oh, I better sit in cooler pose. Huh! Nope.
好可愛。噢,我的坐姿最好再酷些。 哈!不是這樣。
Haha, but not slick.
哈哈,但不會滑頭。
Oh yeah, I look good now. Dang, is she looking at me? Well, if she's not gonna look, I will. Hmm, reading Health magazine, I guess that means she's healthy.
噢耶,我現在看起來很好。該死,她在看我嗎?好吧,如果她不看過來,我會(看過去)。嗯,在看《Health》雜誌,我猜那代表她很健康。
What's he reading? The New Yorker? Who the hell reads that? I guess he's cultured, intelligent.
他正在看什麼?《紐約客》雜誌?到底是誰會看那種東西?我猜他應該很有教養、很聰明。
We could go running together.
我們可以一起慢跑。
Smart and hot? That's rare.
聰明又正點?那很罕見。
I wonder what she's doing here in the middle of the afternoon. I guess Parsons is close by. Maybe she's a fashion student. Cool. That will explain her floral pants.
我想知道在下午時分她在這裡做什麼。我想帕森設計學院就在附近。也許她是時尚設計系的學生。酷。那能說明她的花褲子。
It's the middle of the day. What's he doing at this park? Ooooh, maybe he runs his own business!
現在是大白天。他在這公園做什麼。噢,也許他經營自己的公司!
Okay, now you have to say something. She smiled at you!
Ok,現在你必須說些話。她對著你微笑!
Alright, that was definitely more than a glance. He smiled! Come on! Say something!
好吧,那絕對不是只有一瞥而已。他在微笑!快點!說些話!
There is no one else here. There is nothing to lose. No one will see you get rejected. Oh my gosh, even in your imagination, you get rejected. Loser! Okay, how should I start?
這裡沒有其他人。沒有什麼好損失。沒有人會看到你被拒絕。噢我的天啊,即使在你的想像中,你也被拒絕了。輸家!Ok,我要怎麼開始?
I've never seen you here before. Nice day huh? Excuse me, where did you get these awesome floral pants? Hello, anything?
之前在這裡從沒見過你。天氣不錯,對嗎?不好意思,你上哪兒買這些超炫的花褲子的?哈囉,有任何東西說嗎?
Hmm...
嗯...
Oh my gosh, I have been reading the same paragraph for ten minutes!
噢我的天啊,我已經讀同一個段落十分鐘了!
Oh, I got it. This will be perfect. Dang it!
噢,我想到了。這樣會很完美。該死!
Okay, be sure to look cute while you are talking.
Ok,確保你在說話時看起來很可愛。
I wonder who that is, boyfriend? No, maybe just a friend.
我想知道那是誰,男朋友?不,也許只是朋友。
Laugh, it'll show you are fun. Oh, ho, ho, ho, man. Okay, too much, too much.
笑,這會顯示你很有趣。噢 呵 呵 呵,老兄。Ok,過頭了,過頭了。
Stupid, funny friend. Finally! Shoot! She probably thinks I am alone. I know! I will pretend to text someone.
傻氣又有趣的朋友。終於!糟糕!她可能會認為我很孤單。我想到了!我會假裝在傳簡訊給某人。
Ugh, fine, if he's not gonna have the guts to say something first, I will. It's a New Year, new you, girlfriend. Why, why did I just call myself girlfriend? Okay, focus, just say hi.
呃,好吧,如果他沒有勇氣先說些什麼,我會說。新的一年,新的妳,女朋友。為什麼,為什麼我剛剛稱自己為女朋友?Ok,專注,只要打個招呼。
You know, she could say something to me first. Why does it always have to be the guy who makes the move?
你知道的,她也可以先對我說些話。為什麼總是得男生採取行動?
Holy crap! This is scary. Guys have to do this all the time? Okay, girlfriend, let's do this.
該死!這好可怕。男生總是得這麼做嗎?Ok,女朋友,我們上吧。
Oh my gosh! Did he seriously just check her out right in front of me?
噢我的天啊!他當真就在我面前打量她?
Did that girl just fart as she ran past me?
那女生是不是在跑過我時放屁啊?
Eww, and he's like trying to take in her scent? What the hell? Creep.
好噁,他好像在試著聞她的味道?什麼鬼?怪咖。
Okay, that was rude. I was trying to connect over teasing the smelly girl, and she gives me attitude. She's probably one of those girls who thinks every guy looking her way think she's a hot stuff.
Ok,那樣真沒禮貌。我只是試著藉由嘲弄那個臭女生來拉近關係,而她擺臉色給我看。她大概是那種以為每個向她方向注視的男生都認為她是個性感尤物的女生之一。
Typical guy, just into any girl that moves.
典型的男生,對任何會動的女生有興趣。
Man, she's not even that special. Looks high-maintenance. I bet that was her boyfriend or sugar daddy calling earlier. Probably buys everything for her, like those ugly floral pants.
老天,她甚至沒有那麼的特別。看起來保養費頗高。我賭那剛是她男友或凱子爹打過來的。 很可能什麼都會買給她,就像那醜陋的花褲子。
It's like four in the afternoon. What's he doing just at a park reading? Probably doesn't have a job and comes here to creep on girls.
現在大概下午四點。他怎麼會只在公園看書? 大概沒有工作,來這裡把妹。
It's four in the afternoon. Her boyfriend probably just lets her uses his credit card. Reading Health? Just into her image.
現在是下午四點。他男友大概就讓她使用他的信用卡。看《Health》雜誌?只是為了形象而已。
Poser.
裝模作樣。
Spoiled.
嬌嬌女。
So glad he didn't say anything. Would have been a huge waste of time.
真高興他什麼都沒說。可能會浪費一大堆時間。
I could totally do better.
我完全可以過得更好。
- 「打量、檢查」- Check Out
Did he seriously just check her out right in front of me?
他當真就在我面前打量她? - 「對某人擺臉色、耍脾氣」- Give Someone Attitude
I was trying to connect over teasing the smelly girl, and she gives me attitude.
我只是試著藉由嘲弄那個臭女生來拉近關係,而她擺臉色給我看。