Once upon a time, when the Roberts kids were little, they were having Thanksgiving dinner.
很久以前,當 Roberts 家的孩子還很小的時候,他們在吃感恩節大餐。
And the dad said, "Where's Brett? I'm hungry!"
爸爸說:「Brett 在哪?我餓死了!」
Thanksgiving isn't about eating food. It's about being together as a family.
感恩節的意義不是於享用食物。感恩節是關於以一家人的身分團聚在一起。
I haven't eaten in all day.
我一整天都沒吃東西耶。
A wishbone is when there are two people who're tugging on this bone. That's a wishbone. They eat to make a wish.
許願骨就是有兩個拉著這根骨頭的人。那就是一根許願骨。他們吃來許願的。
I'm wishing for Santa Claus to be my pet.
我希望聖誕老公公當我的寵物。
That's a pecan pie.
那是個核桃派。
Well, if you take the pecans out, I'll eat it.
嗯,如果你把核桃拿出來,我就吃它。
Finally.
終於啊。
What? Nobody told me dinner was ready.
什麼?沒人跟我說晚餐好了啊。
Before we pray and eat, everyone needs to say something they're grateful for.
在我們禱告和開動前,每個人需要說些他們感恩的事。
Mom!
老媽!
John's turn.
輪到 John。
I'm grateful for my family.
我很感謝我的家人。
David's turn.
換 David。
Poot!
放屁!
Randy's turn.
輪到 Randy。
I'm thankful that it's Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for Santa Claus to be my pet.
我很感謝現在是感恩節。我很感謝聖誕老公公當我的寵物。
What is that?
那是啥?
That's a mincemeat pie.
那是個果餡派。
Okay, take the mincemeat out of it, and I'll eat it.
行,把果餡從裡面拿出來,然後我就吃它。
I wanna get my own video game for Christmas. I wanna get toy for Christmas.
我想要聖誕節得到我自己的電玩遊戲。我想要聖誕節拿到玩具。
We're not asking for stuff for Christmas.
我們不是在討聖誕節的東西。
Brett's turn.
換 Brett。
I'm thankful for computer animation software.
我很感謝電腦動畫軟體。
Richard's turn.
換 Richard。
I'm thankful for...
我很感謝...
What is Richard doing here anyway?
Richard 他到底在這裡做什麼?
I am just so very grateful to have such a wonderful family and such wonderful children. I'm thankful that we have so many blessings. And I love you all so much.
我只是非常感激擁有一個如此美好的家庭以及如此完美的孩子們。我很感謝我們有如此多祝福。我非常愛你們大家。
And I'm thankful for family and food. Dave, say the prayer and let's eat!
我很感謝家人和食物。Dave,說禱詞然後開動吧!
The moral of this story is that you should be thankful for many things, and be patient, and wait.
這故事的寓意是:你應該要感激許多事,而且要有耐心,以及等待。
- 「很久以前、從前」- Once Upon A Time
Once upon a time, when the Roberts kids were little, they were having Thanksgiving dinner.
很久以前,當 Roberts 家的孩子還很小的時候,他們在吃感恩節大餐。