There was a time when men were kind.
曾有段時光,男人們是仁慈的。
When their voices were soft...
他們的聲音是如此溫柔...
and their words inviting.
他們的言語如此誘人。
There was a time when love was blind
曾有段時光,愛情是盲目的
and the world was a song
這個世界就像是一首歌
and the song was exciting.
這首歌很令人興奮。
There was a time...
曾有段時光...
Then it all went wrong.
接著一切都走了樣。
I dreamed a dream in time gone by
我夢到了一個過去時光的夢
When hope was high and life worth living.
那時理想很崇高而生命充滿活力。
I dreamed that love would never die.
我夢到愛會永恆不滅。
I dreamed that God would be forgiving.
我夢到神會寬容一切。
Then I was young and unafraid
而我青春洋溢、無所畏懼
when dreams were made and used and wasted.
在夢想被編織出來、消耗殆盡、浪費揮霍時。
There was no ransom to be paid.
在哪裡無須支付贖金。
No song unsung, no wine untasted.
沒有未唱過的歌曲,沒有未品嘗的美酒。
But the tigers come at night
但是兇暴的老虎在夜晚到來
with their voices soft as thunder
他們的嗓子輕柔如雷響
as they tear your hope apart
就在他們將妳的希望撕裂時
as they turn your dream to shame.
就在他們讓妳的夢境破滅時。
He slept a summer by my side.
他亦步亦趨地伴隨了我一整個夏天。
He filled my days with endless wonder.
他讓我的生活充滿連綿不絕的驚奇。
He took my childhood in his stride
他邁開大步引領我的童年時光前進
but he was gone when autumn came.
但當秋天來臨他就消失得無影無蹤。
And still I dream he'll come to me.
然而我仍夢想著他會來到我身邊。
That we will live the years together.
而我們將會一起度過未來的光陰。
But there are dreams that cannot be.
但的確有些永遠無法實現的夢想。
And there are storms we cannot weather.
而且還有我們無法捱過的暴風雨。
I had a dream my life would be
我曾有個夢想,我的人生將會
so different from this hell I'm living.
和我現在身處的地獄大相逕庭。
So different now from what it seemed.
和現在看起來的一切大相逕庭。
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed.
現在生活已經扼殺了我所編織的夢想。