How to Get a Job: Advice from Extremely Successful People
如何找到工作:來自頂尖成功人士的建議
The one trait that I look for in new hires is?
我想在新員工身上看到的特質?
Do they create clarity? Do they create energy?
他們是否創造出明確性?他們是否帶來活力?
Uh, high energy, desire to learn, and just wanna take the world on.
呃,活力滿滿、渴望學習,而且想要放眼全世界。
Confidence.
自信。
I look for the biggest gap between skill and ego. I want high skill...low ego.
我要能力和自我意識之間有最大的落差。我想要能力很好...自我意識卻不強的員工。
Somebody who shares our values—to win and do it in a way where you're making a positive contribution.
一個共享我們價值觀的人--努力去收穫,而且做法要能做出正面的貢獻。
Great character, passionate about the artist and their work, and believes that when he or she hears "No," that that's the great news, that's the beginning of getting toward "Yes."
個性好、對藝術家和他們的作品充滿熱忱,並且相信當自己被拒絕的時候,那是好消息,那是獲得同意的起點。
The one trait that won't get you hired is?
不會讓人被錄用的特質?
Competitor obsession as opposed to customer obsession.
過度執著在與人競爭而不是執著在為顧客帶來最好的服務。
Uh, drama. If you introduce drama, no way.
呃,太過戲劇化。如果你會引起麻煩,那就不可能用你。
Lack of integrity.
不夠正直。
Uh, no values.
呃,沒有價值觀。
What's your best advice for people starting out in their careers?
你對開始職業生涯的人有什麼最好的建議?
Start early, start while you're in school, read everything you can, and get an internship as soon as you can.
早點起步、學生時期就開始、讀盡你所能讀的一切,然後儘早獲得實習機會。
Work hard. Dream big. Don't take shortcuts. Do the right thing.
努力付出。勇於夢想。不要投機取巧。做對的事情。