The Argument
吵架
Oh my gosh! What a mess! This room is a pigsty, and your friend Judith will be here any minute! You've got to tidy up, Milo.
我的天啊!也太亂了吧!這房間像豬窩一樣,你朋友 Judith 隨時都會到我們家!你得整理乾淨,Milo。
But, Mommy, it's no big deal.
但是媽咪,這又沒差。
It is.
有差。
All right, then. I'll do it right away.
好吧。我現在立刻就整理。
What's that? Look, Mommy, my teepee! I'd completely forgotten where I put it. Say, Mommy, if we play outside, we can make a mess in my bedroom.
那是什麼?媽咪妳看,我的印地安帳篷!我完全忘了我放在哪了。媽咪,如果我們在外面玩,房間裡就可以亂糟糟了。
For the time being, you'll clean up your bedroom.
現在你先整理好你的房間。
I don't feel like cleaning up. Who cares, anyway?
我一點都不想整理。到底誰在乎啊?
I'm fed up! You hear? Fed up. Fed up!
我受夠了!你聽到沒?受夠了。我受夠了!
Oh! Quit yelling at me!
喔!不要再對我大吼了!
It's always the same story with you. You do nothing to help me out. Nothing! I can't stand it anymore.
每次跟你都是一樣的問題。你從來不幫我。什麼事都不做!我再也受不了了。
Oh, and you think you're so great because you pick up my socks? You think you're such a perfect partner?
喔,那妳是覺得因為妳幫我撿襪子就很棒嗎?自以為是完美的老婆喔?
Perfect or not, I've had it. I'm through!
完不完美都隨便你,我受夠了。真心受夠你了!
Well, I've had it, too, Vanessa. I'm leaving!
我也受夠了,Vanessa。我要走了!
Leaving is the coward's way out, George!
只有懦夫才會逃走,George!
Daddy? Oh!
把拔?噢!
Come on, Milo. Let's go and play! I want to look inside your tent!
來嘛,Milo。我們去玩!我想去你的帳篷裡面看看!
Look, then.
那就看啊。
Oh, brother. You can be such a spoilsport. I'm leaving, then.
喔,天哪。你就這麼掃興。那我要走了。
Just like my daddy did?
就像我把拔那樣嗎?
Your daddy? Where did he go?
你把拔?他去哪裡了?
I don't know. He had an argument with my mom, and then my mother cried.
我不知道。他跟我媽媽大吵一架,我媽媽還哭了。
Oh! And you don't know why?
噢!你不知道他們為什麼吵架嗎?
No. Mind you, I was supposed to clean my room, and I didn't do it. Maybe it's my fault that my parents are fighting.
不知道。不過我本來應該要打掃房間的,但我沒掃。爸媽吵架搞不好是我的錯。
No way, Milo. But if it'll make you feel better, let's clean your room.
才不是呢,Milo。但如果這會讓你好過一點,我們可以去整理你的房間。
No sign of my dad. And my mom's still shut in her room. Say, Judith, what if my parents decide to not live together?
沒有爸爸要回來的跡象。媽媽現在還是把自己關在房間裡。Judith,如果我爸媽決定不要住在一起了怎麼辦?
That's what people call "divorce." It happens when parents get really angry with each other.
那就是大家說的「離婚」。如果爸媽對彼此非常生氣就會離婚。
Like mine have?
就像我爸媽那樣嗎?
You know, my parents are divorced now. And even though it's tough sometimes living in two places, I have two bicycles and two bedrooms. Don't you worry, Milo. I'm sure your parents will kiss and make up. See you, Milo. Be good!
你知道,我爸媽現在離婚了。雖然有時候住兩個地方有點辛苦,但我有兩台腳踏車,還有兩間房間。別擔心,Milo。我相信你爸爸媽媽會親親然後和好的。掰掰,Milo。要乖乖的喔!
See ya!
掰掰!
Where'd Daddy go?
把拔去哪裡了?
I don't know, my love.
我不知道,親愛的。
Are you and Dad going to get divorced because you're angry?
妳跟爸爸會不會因為很生氣所以要離婚了?
Absolutely not.
絕對不會。
Daddy? Daddy!
把拔?把拔!
I'm sorry, sweetheart.
抱歉,我的甜心。
You know, Milo, that argument between your mother and me was not because of you.
Milo,我跟你媽媽吵架不是因為你。
Your dad and I don't always agree, but a divorce only happens when a mommy and a daddy are really unhappy together.
你爸爸跟我有時候會意見不合,但離婚是只有很不幸福的爸爸媽媽才會選擇的。
And we are very happy.
而我們非常幸福。
We don't want to divorce at all.
我們一點都不想離婚。
I know what you mean. I argue with Judith sometimes, but then we kiss and make up.
我懂你們的意思了。我有時候也會跟 Judith 吵架,但之後我們會親親和好。
- 「整理、收拾乾淨」- Tidy Up
You've got to tidy up, Milo.
你得整理乾淨,Milo。 - 「沒什麼大不了、沒什麼」- No Big Deal
But, Mommy, it's no big deal.
但是媽咪,這又沒差。 - 「把...弄糟」- Make A Mess
Say, Mommy, if we play outside, we can make a mess in my bedroom.
媽咪,如果我們在外面玩,房間裡就可以亂糟糟了。 - 「目前、暫時、眼下」- For The Time Being
For the time being, you'll clean up your bedroom.
現在你先整理好你的房間。 - 「厭煩、忍無可忍、受夠了」- Fed Up
I'm fed up! You hear?
我受夠了!你聽到沒? - 「和好」- Kiss And Make Up
I'm sure your parents will kiss and make up.
我相信你爸爸媽媽會親親然後和好的。