This is Meg, Amy, Beth, and Jo.
這是梅格、艾美、貝絲和喬。
Little Women—Official Trailer
《她們》--官方正式預告
I'm working on a novel. It is a story of my life and my sisters'.
我在寫小說。寫我們家四姊妹的故事。
Make it short and spicy. And if the main character is a girl, make sure she's married by the end.
故事要短,要精采。如果主角是女生的話,最後一定要讓她結婚。
Ow! Jo.
噢!喬。
I want to be an artist in Rome and be the best painter in the world.
我想要成為藝術家,住在羅馬,變成世界上最棒的畫家。
That's what you want, too. Isn't it, Jo? To be a famous writer?
喬,妳也想這樣,不是嗎?變成有名的作家?
Yes, but it sounds so crass when she says it.
對,但她講出來就變得很俗氣。
My girls have a way of getting into mischief.
我的四個女兒總是這麼調皮。
Well, so do I.
嗯,我也是。
This is Meg, Amy, Beth, and Jo.
這是梅格、艾美、貝絲和喬。
I intend to make my own way in the world.
我要在這個世界走自己的路。
No one makes their own way. Least of all, a woman. You'll need to marry well.
沒有人可以走自己的路。特別是女人。女人就是要嫁個好丈夫。
But you are not married, Aunt March.
但妳又沒結婚,馬區姑媽。
Well, that's because I'm rich.
那是因為我很有錢。
Jo, would you like to dance with me?
喬,妳要跟我跳支舞嗎?
I can't because I scorched my dress. And Meg told me to keep still so no one would see it.
我沒辦法跳,我的裙子燒破了一個洞。梅格要我別亂動,這樣就沒人會發現了。
I have an idea of how we can manage.
我有個好點子。
Jo is a lost cause. So, you are your family's hope now.
喬已經沒希望了。現在妳就是這個家的希望了。
I believe we have some power over who we love. It isn't something that just happens to a person.
我相信我們能決定自己要愛誰。愛是不會突然從天而降的。
I think the poets might disagree.
我想詩人應該會不同意。
We can leave. Right now. I'll sell stories...
我們可以離開。現在就走。我可以靠寫作維生...
Joe...
喬...
...and you, you should be an actress. And you should have a life on the stage.
...妳應該當演員。妳的人生應該要站在舞台上發光。
Just because my dreams are different than yours doesn't mean they're unimportant.
只因為我的夢想和妳的不一樣,並不代表我的夢想不重要呀。
I have loved you ever since I've known you, Jo. I couldn't help it.
我從見到妳的那一刻就愛上妳了,喬。我沒辦法克制。
It would be a disaster if we get married.
我們結婚會是個災難。
It wouldn't be a disaster.
不會是災難。
We'd be miserable.
我們會很悲慘。
Jo, I would be a perfect...
喬,我會當完美的...
I can't. I can't!
我做不到。我做不到!
A new play written by Ms. Jo March.
喬.馬區小姐的新劇作。
Women—they have minds, and they have souls as well as just hearts.
女人--女人有思想,有靈魂,正如同她們有感情。
I want to be great or nothing.
我要成就不凡。
And they've got ambition. And they've got talent as well as just beauty. I am so sick of people saying that love is just all a woman is fit for. I'm so sick of it!
女人有抱負。她們有天賦,正如同她們有美貌。我真的受夠大家都說愛就是女人的全部。我真的不想再聽了!
There are some natures too lofty to bend.
妳的個性太倔強了。
Little Women
《她們》
So, who does she marry?
所以她最後到底跟誰結婚了?
Own your story this Christmas.
今年聖誕,寫出自己的故事。
- 「常常做某事」- have a way of doing something
My girls have a way of getting into mischief.
我的四個女兒總是這麼調皮。 - 「走自己的路、隨心所欲」- make one's own way
I intend to make my own way in the world.
我要在這個世界走自己的路。