English at Work: Introducing Yourself
職場英文:自我介紹
Last week, Anna got the job of sales executive at Tip Top Trading, thanks to her quick thinking in an office crisis. Today, it's her first day in the office.
上星期,Anna 得到了「頂尖貿易公司」銷售專員的工作,多虧了她在碰到辦公室危機時腦筋轉得快。今天是她到職第一天。
How are you feeling now, Anna?
妳現在感覺怎麼樣,Anna?
Excited, but a bit worried. I really want to make a good first impression.
很興奮,但我有點擔心。我很想要打好第一印象。
Well, you're going to need some phrases to introduce yourself politely, such as "Hello, I don't think we've met." "You must be..." and say the person's name. "I've just joined the team." "Nice to meet you." "Have you worked here long?"
妳需要用一些有禮貌的句子來自我介紹,像是:「哈囉,我想我們沒見過面。」「你一定是...」,然後說那個人的名字。「我剛加入這個團隊。」「很高興見到你。」「你在這邊工作很久了嗎?」
Why don't you start by saying hello to Tom Darcy, the senior account manager?
妳何不先從跟 Tom Darcy 打招呼開始呢?他是資深業務經理。
Yeah, yeah, no, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah. I'll seal the deal, yeah, no worries. Yeah, all right, see you, mate, bye!
對,對,不是,對,對,好,好。我會讓這案子成交的,對,別擔心。對,好,再見,兄弟,掰!
Hello, I don't think we've met.
哈囉,我想我們沒見過面。
Uh, no.
呃,沒見過。
You must be Tom. I'm Anna. I've just joined the team.
你一定是 Tom。我是 Anna。我剛加入這個團隊。
Uh-huh.
嗯哼。
Nice to meet you. Have you worked here long?
很高興見到你。你在這邊工作很久了嗎?
Um... Sorry, I'm quite busy right now. I've...I've got a big deal just coming through. But let's get together sometime. Um...can you do lunch tomorrow?
嗯...抱歉我現在有點忙。我...我現在在處理一個大案子。但我們找時間聚聚。嗯...妳明天要一起午餐嗎?
You want me to do lunch? Well, I'm not very—
你希望我做午餐?嗯,但我沒有很會--
Sorry, uh, important client. Uh, lunch tomorrow at 12:30, then?
抱歉,呃,重要的客戶打來。呃,那明天 12:30 午餐可以嗎?
Yeah, uh, Tom speaking. Yeah! Frankie! So, what's the latest? Are we on?
好,我是 Tom。嘿!Frankie!所以最新情況怎麼樣?我們計畫順利嗎?
Well, okay, then.
嗯,那好吧。
Great, Anna. You used some nice phrases to introduce yourself. It's a shame Tom thinks he's too important to do the same.
太好了,Anna。妳用了些很好的句子來自我介紹。真可惜 Tom 覺得自己太重要了,沒有同樣地回應妳。
I'm sure he's just busy. But I'm a bit worried about tomorrow.
他一定只是太忙了啦。但我有點擔心明天。
Good morning, Paul!
早安,Paul!
Good morning, Anna. Are you okay?
早安,Anna。妳還好嗎?
Fine. The kitchen's through there, isn't it?
很好。廚房是走那邊,對吧?
Uh, yes.
呃,對。
Anna!
Anna!
Oh, hi! Denise!
喔,嗨!Denise!
What are you doing?
妳在做什麼?
Cooking lunch for Tom.
幫 Tom 做午餐。
You what?
妳什麼?
Tom asked me to have lunch ready for 12:30.
Tom 說要 12:30 準備好午餐。
Did he, indeed?
他真的這樣說?
Uh, Anna.
呃,Anna。
Hi, Tom.
嗨,Tom。
What are you doing?
妳在做什麼?
Spring rolls, followed by crispy duck in black bean sauce.
春捲,還有脆皮烤鴨佐黑豆醬。
No, I mean, why are you cooking?
不,我的意思是說,為什麼妳在煮飯?
Well, if I don't start now, it won't be ready for you by 12:30.
嗯,如果我不現在就開始做,12:30 會來不及準備給你。
Oh, you misunderstood me, Anna. When I said "Can you do lunch?" it didn't mean "Can you make me lunch?" It meant "Are you available to come to lunch with me?" in a cafe or something.
噢,妳誤會我了,Anna。我說「Can you do lunch?(妳要一起午餐嗎?)」不是指「妳可不可以幫我做午餐?」而是指「妳可不可以和我一起吃午餐?」,在咖啡店之類的。
Oh!
噢!
Mmm...something smells good, but what's going on here?
嗯...什麼東西聞起來這麼香,但這兒發生什麼事了?
Anna thinks it's her job to cook for people!
Anna 覺得她的工作是要幫大家煮飯!
No, no, I misunderstood!
不,不,我誤會了啦!
Anna just got a bit confused.
Anna 只是有點被搞混了。
Well, never mind. It looks tasty.
嗯,沒關係。看起來很好吃。
There's enough for everyone if you want some.
如果你想來一點的話,很夠分給大家吃喔。
I think that's a splendid idea. We can have an office picnic!
我覺得這點子超棒。我們來個辦公室野餐吧!
Yes!
當然好!
Mmm, that sauce looks delicious.
嗯,醬汁看起來很好吃。
Yes, it's my favorite.
對啊,是我最愛的醬。
Well, once again, everything has worked out well for Anna. Before we go, a reminder of the phrases she used: "Hello, I don't think we've met." "You must be Tom." "I've just joined the team." "Nice to meet you." "Have you worked here long?"
Anna 遇到的事情再一次有了不錯的結果。離開之前,再來提醒一下剛剛她用到的句子:「哈囉,我想我們沒見過面。」「你一定是 Tom。」「我剛加入這個團隊。」「很高興見到你。」「你在這邊工作很久了嗎?」
Just remember, if somebody says "Would you like to do lunch?" they're not usually expecting you to cook for them. Goodbye!
只是要記得,如果有人說「Would you like to do lunch?(你想要一起午餐嗎?)」,他們的意思通常不會是要你幫他們做午餐啦。掰掰囉!
- 「幸虧、由於」- Thanks To
Last week, Anna got the job of sales executive at Tip Top Trading, thanks to her quick thinking in an office crisis.
上星期,Anna 得到了「頂尖貿易公司」銷售專員的工作,多虧了她在碰到辦公室危機時腦筋轉得快。 - 「達成協議、完成交易」- Seal The Deal
Yeah, yeah, no, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah. I'll seal the deal, yeah, no worries.
對,對,不是,對,對,好,好。我會讓這案子成交的,對,別擔心。 - 「結果、按某種方式發展」- Work Out
Well, once again, everything has worked out well for Anna.
Anna 遇到的事情再一次有了不錯的結果。