When I was 28, the most amazing thing happened to me. I became a mom. I thought the changes I was going through would stop once the baby was born.
我 28 歲時,一件超不可思議的事發生在我身上。我當了媽媽。我以為這些變化在孩子出生後就會消失。
Oh, hey! Where's Anna Beth?
噢,嘿!Anna Beth 在哪啊?
Mom's watching her downstairs, so I can finally take a shower. Really looking forward to this.
媽在樓下照顧她,所以我終於可以沖個澡了。我等這刻等好久。
Your mom's here? You think you're becoming a little too dependent on her?
妳媽來了?妳不覺得妳有點太依賴她了嗎?
But I was wrong.
但我錯了。
What happened?
怎麼了?
I don't know. I... We were just talking, and he said something stupid, so I...I glared at him.
我不知道。我...我們只是在說話,然後他說了一些蠢話,所以我...我就瞪他。
Your powers have awoken. Southern moms are special. We have abilities that can't be explained. I can help you hone those abilities.
妳的力量覺醒了。南方的媽媽很特別。我們擁有無法解釋的能力。我可以幫妳訓練那些能力。
I don't understand. I can't see anything. How am I supposed to keep an eye on Anna Beth if I can't see anything?
我不懂。我什麼都看不到。要是看不到,要怎麼照顧 Anna Beth?
Use your other eyes.
用妳的另一雙眼睛。
My other eyes? I saw you doing that.
我的另一雙眼睛?我看到妳在幹嘛了。
The eyes in the back of your head.
妳心裡的眼睛。
Something amazing is happening to me. I have all these new thoughts and feelings.
我獲得了奇妙的力量。我有了全新的想法和感受。
You're no longer one person; you're many. You're a doctor, a teacher, a chef, a coach. You'll see things in ways you haven't before.
妳不再是一個人;妳有了多重身分。妳是醫生、老師、廚師和教練。妳能從前所未有的角度看待事情。
Hey, what's wrong?
嘿,怎麼了?
This isn't enough food. I need to make more food.
這些不夠吃。我需要煮更多。
And unleash your true power.
並且解放妳的真實力量。
Within you lies a great force. We call it "the look." It is a glare with power to strike unimaginable fear...in almost anyone.
妳身上有一股強大的力量。我們稱之為「凝視」。那充滿能量的怒瞪,可以讓幾乎所有人...感到無比恐懼。
Almost?
幾乎?
Well, anyone except me, sweetie. Now... Why should these children behave?
除了我之外,甜心。現在...為什麼這些小孩子要守規矩?
Because...I'm your mother, and I said so.
因為...我是你媽,而我說的算。
There's one thing I don't understand. Now that I'm a mom, what happens to you?
我有一件事不懂。既然我變成媽媽了,那妳會發生什麼事?
Oh, I've developed special powers of my own. Candy?
噢,我已經學會了我自己的特殊能力。要吃糖嗎?
No, that would spoil our supper.
不行,這樣晚餐會吃不下。
Just try and stop me.
妳試著阻止我看看。
- 「使某人感到極度恐懼」- strike fear in someone
It is a glare with power to strike unimaginable fear...in almost anyone.
那充滿能量的怒瞪,可以讓幾乎所有人…感到無比恐懼。