Now, where to begin?
好,要從哪裡說起呢?
My mother named me Enola, which backwards spells "alone." And yet, we were always together, and it was wonderful; she was my whole world—which leads me onto the second thing you need to know.
我媽媽幫我取名為 Enola,倒著寫就變成「alone(獨自一人的)」。然而,我們總是形影不離,非常美好;她是我的全世界--這導致了第二件你們該知道的事情。
A week ago, I awoke...
一個星期前,我醒來後...
Mother?
媽媽?
...to find that my mother was missing. And she did not return.
...發現我媽媽不見了。她沒有回來。
I'm presently on the way to collect my brothers—Mycroft and Sherlock. Yes, Sherlock Holmes, the famous detective, my genius brother. He will have all the answers.
我現在在去接我哥哥的路上--Mycroft 跟 Sherlock。對,就是夏洛克.福爾摩斯,那個名偵探,我的天才老哥。所有事情他都有答案。
Enola.
Enola。
Where's your hat and your gloves?
妳的帽子和手套呢?
Well, I have a hat. It just makes my head itch. And I have no gloves.
呃,我是有帽子。但戴帽子讓我的頭很癢。然後我沒有手套。
My God.
我的天。
A wild woman brought up a wild child. We'll make her acceptable for society.
一個野女人養大了一個野孩子。我們要讓她變得可以融入社會。
She seems intelligent.
她感覺很聰明。
There are two paths you can take, Enola—yours or the path others choose for you.
Enola,有兩條路妳可以選--妳自己選的路,或是別人幫妳選的路。
It is time to find my mother. The game is afoot. If I have to stay hidden from my brothers, I must become something unexpected. A lady.
該去找我媽媽了。遊戲開始了。如果我要躲我哥哥,我一定要變成意想不到的樣子。一個淑女。
You progress nicely.
妳進步得真快。
Is she safe?
她安全嗎?
She's had company.
有人陪她。
I'm Viscount Tewksbury.
我是 Viscount Tewksbury。
A useless boy.
一個沒用的男孩。
You have to help me. I'm not ready to die on a train.
妳一定要幫我。我還不想死在火車上啊。
I'm not ready to die at all, and I wasn't going to before I met you!
我一點都不想死,在遇到你之前也不會死!
What are you planning, Mother?
媽媽,妳到底在盤算什麼?
She always had a reason for everything...her own way of doing things. Perhaps she wants to change the world.
她做的每件事情都是有道理的...她自己的方式。也許她想要改變世界。
Perhaps it's a world that needs changing.
也許是這個世界需要改變。
Up. Come on!
起來。繼續!
Unlike most well-bred ladies, I was never taught to embroider. I was taught to watch and listen. I was taught to fight. I'm coming to find you, Mother.
我不像其他有教養的淑女,我從來沒被教過怎麼刺繡。我被教導要仔細觀察、仔細聆聽。我被教導要起身而戰。我來找妳了,媽媽。
You don't know how to embroider?
妳不知道怎麼刺繡?
Enola Holmes
《天才少女福爾摩斯》