Oh my God.
我的天。
Oh.
噢。
Paranormal expert Mark Edward is helping these volunteers use a Ouija board to reach out to the spirit world.
超自然專家 Mark Edward 協助這些自願參與通靈板占卜(註)的受試者與靈界溝通。
Grandpa, are you happy?
爺爺,你快樂嗎?
And now, this woman seems to be in a deep supernatural conversation with her deceased grandfather.
現在這個女人看起來正在跟她過世的爺爺進行一場深度的超自然對話。
Yes.
快樂。
That's good.
那很好。
Grandpa is happy.
爺爺很快樂。
Are you starting to believe?
你開始相信了嗎?
So, now how do you feel?
妳感覺怎麼樣?
I don't know. It almost makes me wanna cry. I'm happy that he's happy.
我不知道。讓我差點要哭了。知道他很快樂讓我很開心。
I'm a believer.
我很相信這個。
More now?
現在更信了?
More now. Yeah, I would doubt it a little bit at the beginning, but after doing it and experiencing it, like, I—there's no way I can doubt it now, I think.
更信了。我剛開始還有點懷疑,但剛剛玩過、體驗過之後,我--沒什麼值得懷疑的了,我覺得。
At this point, we can easily let these people leave convinced they contacted the spirit world.
現在我們其實可以停在這裡,直接讓所有人離開,這樣大家就會輕易相信自己剛剛成功和靈界溝通了。
No way you can doubt it.
毫無疑問。
I don't think so. No.
對呀。我覺得沒什麼好懷疑的。
But for a final test, we're gonna have the group reach out again, only this time, with a little twist.
但我們還要做最後一次測試,讓大家再跟靈界溝通一次,但這次要玩點不同的花樣。
What I have here are some blindfolds.
我這裡有一些眼罩。
Oh, no.
喔不。
Okay.
好。
Surely, blindfolding our participants won't make a difference to the spirits.
讓受試者戴上眼罩想必對神靈不會造成影響吧。
Okay.
來吧。
Or will it?
還是會呢?
I'm going to place the planchette in the center of the table. Now is going to be the moment of truth.
我會把乩板放在桌子的正中央。是時候見證真相了。
Spirits, can you speak to us? Are you there? Right there? Kendall's grandpa, show us that you're with us again.
神靈,你們能跟我們說話嗎?你們在嗎?這個位置嗎?Kendall 的爺爺,顯靈吧。
That's odd. Are the spirits drawing a blank?
真奇怪。神靈答不出來嗎?
You know what year he died?
妳知道他哪一年過世的對吧?
Yes.
對。
Okay.
好。
What year did you die? Right there? Okay. Here's the second number.
你哪一年過世的?那裡嗎?好。這是第二個數字。
How do you think our new believers will react when they find out the spirits are having some technical difficulties?
你覺得新來的信徒會有什麼反應,如果發現神靈竟然碰到一點「技術上的問題」?
The third. One more. One more number. Okay. You can take your blindfolds off. Now, what year did he pass away?
第三個數字。再一個。再一個數字。好。你們可以拿掉眼罩了。所以,他是哪一年過世的?
2010.
2010 年。
So, this should be conclusive evidence at this point. Now, the spirits did a fantastic job without the blindfolds. But with the blindfolds on, this is what I got when you went for the date from Grandpa, who was so clear before, right? Here's what you got. You got a J, and a K, and you got three blanks that were on the middle of the wood. There was no numbers here, here, or here.
現在應該有確定性的證據了。神靈在大家沒戴眼罩時表現得很完美。但戴了眼罩之後,這是我詢問爺爺什麼時候過世的結果,他原本的答案都很清楚對吧?這是我們得到的答案。有一個 J、一個 K,然後得到三個在木桌中間的空白。這裡、這裡跟這裡上面都沒有數字。
She looks like she just saw a ghost.
她看起來像看到鬼了。
So, what's going on here? Before, the spirits were answering their questions perfectly.
這到底是怎麼回事呢?之前神靈的答案都非常明確。
Oh.
噢。
Did they suddenly forget how to spell? And if everyone swears they aren't in control...
難道他們突然喪失拼字能力了嗎?如果大家都發誓自己沒有在控制乩板...
I'm not moving it.
不是我在動。
...then who or what is moving the dial?
...那麼到底是誰,又或是什麼在移動這塊板子呢?
註:通靈板類似台灣盛行的碟仙、筆仙。