Excuse me, Mr. Policeman.
不好意思,警察先生。
Yes?
怎麼了?
When is the magician going to finish the trick?
魔術師什麼時候會變完魔術?
Um... Well, I'm gonna look at some evidence, and this tall, young gentleman here...be happy to answer any of your questions. So...
嗯...這個嘛,我要去檢查一些證據,那這邊這個高大年輕的紳士...會很樂意解答妳所有的問題。所以...
Hello, what's your name?
哈囉,妳叫什麼名字?
When is the magician going to put the lady back together?
魔術師什麼時候才要把那個女生拼回去?
Well, the lady can't go back together because what happened is the magician really sawed her in half, cut through skin, ligament, muscle, bone. She had instantaneous, probably 90 percent blood loss, and then she went into that black void, known as death, where there is no return. She's gone. Gone forever.
嗯,那個女生拼不回去了,因為魔術師真的把她鋸成兩段,皮膚、韌帶、肌肉和骨頭都被切開了。她瞬間失血大約 90 %,接著進入黑色的虛空狀態,也就是死亡,就再也回不來了。她走了。撒手人寰了。
What does that all even mean? I don't—
那到底是什麼意思?我不--
She's dead.
她死了。
I just don't understand—
我就是不懂--
She's so dead.
她死透了。
I just don't understand. Is magic real or not? Very simple question, sir. It's yes or no!
我就是不懂。魔術是不是真的?這是個很簡單的問題,先生。是或者不是!
It's not magic.
這不是魔術。
It is magic! Look at the sign behind you.
這是魔術!你看看你後面的標誌。
Yeah, I know. That's what grown-ups call a lie.
對,我知道。那就是大人說的謊話。
Is this what dying is?
這就是死亡嗎?
That's what I told you. Yes! This is what dying is.
我就是這樣說的。對!這就是死亡。
She'll go to heaven, right?
她會上天堂,對吧?
Oh, well, I don't know.
噢,我不知道。
Will she still be in two pieces when she's in heaven?
她在天堂裡還會是兩半嗎?
Well, no. My guess is, before they put her in the ground—
呃,不會。我猜在他們把她埋起來前--
All right, trainee, let's go. We found some new evidence.
好了,實習生,走吧。我們找到了新的證據。
Oh, I was on my knee for a long time!
噢,我跪了好久!
- 「埋葬某人;殺了某人」- put someone in the ground
Well, no. My guess is, before they put her in the ground—
呃,不會。我猜在他們把她埋起來前--