As a manager, you're always searching for employees that will bring your company to new heights. Well, today is not that day. Here are eight types of people that managers hate to interview.
身為主管,你一直都希望找到能幫你的公司帶來新高峰的員工。但,今天好像不是這麼順利。以下是主管最討厭面試到的八種人。
Thank you for coming in today. So, tell me a little bit about yourself.
謝謝你今天來。那稍微自我介紹一下吧。
The Liar
說謊的人
I've spent the past 15 years working in the industry for all the biggest names—Google, Microsoft, Apple; the list goes on. Just check my references.
我過去十五年間都在最厲害的公司上班--Google、Microsoft、Apple;還有很多,講不完。你可以看我的資料。
Don't check my references.
還是...別看我的資料了。
How much does this job pay, anyway?
所以這工作薪水到底多少?
The Slacker
偷懶的人
Sorry. Got a text. Um...vacation days. When do those kick in?
不好意思。有簡訊。嗯...休假。什麼時候開始有休假?
The Silent One
過度安靜的人
No.
不。
The Excuse Maker
愛找藉口的人
Really sorry I'm late. Trains were running slow, and my cell phone died, so I couldn't actually get in touch with you. And I'm pretty sure I don't have my resume, but you remember what's on it, right?
很抱歉我遲到了。火車開很慢,我手機又沒電了,所以我沒辦法聯絡你。我很確定我沒帶履歷,但你都記得上面寫什麼,對吧?
The Flirt
調情的人
Ha. You're so funny. Is there a gym in the office? You look like you work out every day.
哈。你真風趣。公司有健身房嗎?你看起來每天都有去健身。
Um.
呃。
Oh, um...wow, your wife is really beautiful.
噢,嗯...哇,你的太太很漂亮。
The Desperate One
過度迫切的人
Am I qualified? Of course I'm qualified. What makes you think I'm not qualified? Look, man, I really need this job, okay? So just...can you help me out? And just... Is it hot in here? Or is it just me?
我能勝任嗎?當然我能勝任。你為什麼覺得我不能勝任?聽著,我真的很需要這份工作,好嗎?所以你就...你可以幫幫我嗎?就是...這裡是不是很熱?還是只有我這樣覺得?
What?
什麼鬼?
Who's my biggest hero? Well, that's easy. Me.
誰是我心目中的英雄?答案很簡單。我。
The Egotist
自大的人
I've done it all. I'm surprised you haven't done your homework on me.
我什麼都會做。我很驚訝你沒好好做功課研究我做過什麼事情。
Yeah.
呵。
So, my college years were amazing.
所以說,我的大學生活真的超棒的。
The Talker
講太多話的人
I graduated with honors with the help of my sorority sisters. And I've been working on and off for a few publications, and it's been a real drag. I mean, like, I'm so ready for something else. I've got a lot of commitment.
因為姐妹會的幫助,我以優異的成績畢業。我斷斷續續地在幾間出版社工作過,那真的很無聊。我的意思是說,我已經完全準備好要做其他事情了。我要做的事情太多了。
Okay, that's enough. Uh, we'll let you know if we're interested.
好了,夠了。呃,如果我們有興趣的話會讓妳知道。
Aw, we have to hug!
噢,我們一定要抱一下!
What's your experience with job interviews? Join the discussion by leaving your comments below.
你有哪些工作面試的經驗呢?在底下留言,加入討論吧。
- 「開始生效」- Kick In
Um...vacation days. When do those kick in?
嗯...休假。什麼時候開始有休假? - 「斷斷續續地」- on and off
And I've been working on and off for a few publications, and it's been a real drag.
我斷斷續續地在幾間出版社工作過,那真的很無聊。