TIME's Person of the Year is not an award. It is a marker of influence. It is a reflection of impact, a way to capture the meaning of the moment. It is a chance to recognize the people who led us or even enraged us, the people who amused or inspired us. In this show, we'll recognize the Athlete and Entertainers of the Year, the heroes who fought for us, and the visionary who captured our attention. All of these people and moments encapsulate 2021...
《時代》年度風雲人物不是一個獎項。是影響力的象徵。是衝擊的反映、是一種將重要時刻意義記錄下來的方式。這是個機會,讓我們知道誰帶領著我們、甚至誰激怒了我們、誰帶給我們歡笑、誰啟發了我們。在這個節目中,我們會認識年度運動員和年度藝人,認識那些為我們抗爭的英雄,還有那些吸引我們注意的夢想家。這些人物和時刻成為 2021 年的縮影...
Not guilty.
無罪。
...today, and in the years to come.
...成為今天、接下來年度的縮影。
Faced with crisis after crisis, we proved we are creative and resilient with a long history of extracting the possible from the impossible.
面對接二連三的危機,我們證明了我們有創造力、有韌性,長期以來我們都能在不可能之中創造可能。
The Capitol Building under siege.
美國國會大廈被圍攻。
Humanity stands at the chaotic crossroads, but we do so armed with strength and clarity of purpose and an eye always on the future because inspiration and innovation continue to rewrite our story and extend our story to the stars themselves.
人性站在混亂的十字路口,但我們也武裝起力量、清楚的目標,著眼於未來,因為靈感和革新不斷重寫我們的故事,並將我們的故事延伸至宇宙。
Inspiration4, on behalf of SpaceX, welcome home to planet Earth.
代表著 SpaceX 的靈感 4 號,歡迎回到地球。
This year, new voices and images demanded our attention while we got our first glimpse of the "metaverse" to come.
今年,新的聲音和畫面需要我們的關注,同時我們也一窺「元宇宙」即將開啟的新世界。
And...
以及...
Everyday items in short supply.
日常用品都缺貨。
...at the close of 2021, we continue to wrestle with the reality of COVID-19's impact on everything from the global economy to our holiday traditions. But it has also taught us that humanity can rise above, that our fight against hate and inequity continues to make progress...
...在 2021 年末之際,我們依然在與新冠肺炎抗爭,從國際經濟到節慶傳統都深受影響。但這個病毒也教會我們,人性能夠昇華、超越,我們與仇恨和不平等的抗爭也逐步向前...
What do we want?
我們想要什麼?
Justice!
正義!
When do we want it?
我們什麼時候想要?
Now!
現在!
...and that together, we can be better.
...只要團結在一起,我們就能變得更好。
And for nearly 100 years, TIME has been there to cover it, to document it, and to consistently show the world what the word "influence" means.
在近一百年的歷程中,《時代雜誌》一直都在報導、紀錄一切,並向世界不斷詮釋「影響」的意義。
This is TIME's Person of the Year.
這就是《時代》年度風雲人物。