What's a GIF?
GIF是什麼?
GIF? Yes, I know what that is. That's those little things that move up and down.
GIF?是的,我知道那是什麼。那是那些上下移動的小東西。
The...like, I'd say it's a file format, like a JPEG?
那...像是,我會說是種檔案類型,像JPEG?
GIF.
GIF。
Jeff is the cameraman!
Jeff是攝影師!
Ah, GIF!!!
啊,GIF!
What's a wiki?
wiki是什麼?
Isn't it like the short term for wikipedia?
它不是好像是維基百科的縮寫嗎?
The wiki is for everything from tech to Saved by the Bell.
wiki代表從科技到美劇《救命下課鈴》的所有事物。
Collaborative documents or collective documents whereby anybody can contribute to individual articles.
合作的文件或是共同的文件,藉此任何人都能投稿每一篇文章。
A wiki is a leak in the system that this guy ends up finding and revealing the system for whatever it is.
wiki是系統裡的漏洞,這傢伙最後找到並揭發此系統,不管它是什麼東西。
What is a pixel?
pixel是什麼?
Ah, pixel? This is a...it composes uh...
啊,pixel?這是...它組成呃...
One little dot of color?
顏色的一個小點?
It's one little dot of your image.
它是你影像的一個小點。
Byte?
Byte呢?
Uh, like a megabyte?
呃,像是百萬位元組?
Yeah, those things.
對,那些東西。
They are the smallest bit of, I guess, electronic information, like zero or one.
它們是最小的單位,我猜,電子訊息的單位,像是零或是一。
All right, it's sort of like the, not the smallest unit, but a small unit for measuring digital storage.
好的,它有點像,不是最小的單位,而是測量數位存儲的小單位。
How about cookie?
那cookie呢?
Oh, that's these annoying things that make your Internet work slow.
喔,那是這些讓你的網路變慢的惱人東西。
There's a screen that pops up like enable cookies, but I don't know what they are, but I would say yes.
有個彈出來像是要你開啟cookie的視窗,但我不知道它們是什麼,但我會點「是」。
Memory. A little memory behind that stores a little cookie in your jar for something you like.
記憶體。在後面的一小片記憶體,它儲存一塊小餅乾在你的罐子裡代表你喜歡的某個東西。
What's a 404 error?
404錯誤是什麼?
You reach the end of the Internet.
你到達網路的盡頭了。
I think it's just always an error in...to login into a system.
我想它就一直是一個錯誤...要登入一個系統時的錯誤。
Uh, when you can't go to the website that you want.
呃,當你無法去你想要去的網站。
Phishing?
網路釣魚?
Fishing? That's when you go out to the lake and you fish, and hope you catch some salmon.
釣魚?那是當你外出到湖邊然後你釣魚,然後希望你抓到一些鮭魚。
That's precise bad music. Not the Jam Band.
那完全是爛音樂。不是地下樂團(註一)。
Looking for information? I don't know.
查找資訊嗎?我不曉得。
Close. Who's looking for the information?
接近了。誰在查找資訊?
Uh, a computer?
呃,一台電腦?
RSS?
RSS?
No idea.
沒頭緒。
Nothing? No.
沒想法嗎?沒有。
I feel like when I see it, it has, like those, like satellite archy lines, but I don't know.
我覺得好像當我看到它時,它有,像那些,像衛星的弧線,但我也不知道。
I just have a teller to shoot certain news, teller to me, so I don't get any dissenting opinions in my world.
我就有個專員丟給我特定的新聞、說故事的人,這樣我就不會在我的世界得到任何相左的意見。
Learning something everyday here at Mashable.
在Mashable這裡每天都學到一些東西。
Thank you, and I hope you guys come up with better abbreviations and more interesting emoticons and happy faces with tongue sticking out. Peace out.
謝謝你,我希望你們大夥兒能想出更好的縮寫字,以及更多有趣的表情符號,還有伸出舌頭的開心笑臉。再見啦。
註一:Jam Band指的是1960年代崛起,致力於特定文化的樂團,類似台灣所說的地下樂團。而Phish是美國的樂團,恰巧與網路釣魚的phishing同字。影片中的男子或許並不喜愛Phish的音樂,因而說是爛音樂,認為它並非正統的地下樂團。
- 「最後成為、結果變成」- End Up
A wiki is a leak in the system that this guy ends up finding and revealing the system for whatever it is.
wiki是系統裡的漏洞,這傢伙最後找到並揭發此系統,不管它是什麼東西。 - 「再見啦」- Peace Out
Thank you, and I hope you guys come up with better abbreviations and more interesting emoticons and happy faces with tongue sticking out. Peace out.
謝謝你,我希望你們大夥兒能想出更好的縮寫字,以及更多有趣的表情符號,還有伸出舌頭的開心笑臉。再見啦。